Thread: roc n soc stool :(

User Info Menu

Default roc n soc stool :(

i know what i want to get, i tried calling 5 music stores around vancouver island, NONE can order or have even heard of it? were can I get one... i suppose i can get one of those temporary credit cards and order it.. concidering i dont have a credit card.

User Info Menu

Ebay, my friend, ebay.

Matt
    Matt G.
    Hitting my drums, like they owe me money!
    My Myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/fatdog1969
    Vegas Drummers: http://www.myspace.com/vegasdrummers
    I Proudly Play:
    PAISTE
    SONOR
    EVANS
    SILVERFOX
    SNAREHORSE

User Info Menu

I saw one of thoes at my local RIT music store. But, I think that's quite a distance from Vancouver Island, and I think RIT is a local chain anyways.

Wow, I really don't know why I bothered replying to this thread, really no help at all. Sorry.
    http://www.drumchat.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3906&dateline=1196908  888
    "Did you hear that Robin? 'Were'. 'Were'! DON'T YOU EVER TALK TO ME LIKE THAT AGAIN! I'M BARRRY GIBB! I'LL PUT YOU IN THE GROUND! PUT-YOU-IN--THE-GROUND--YeaH!

User Info Menu

It sounds like you are dealing with music stores that are uninterested in finding you anything other than what they offer. Roc & Soc's are one of the most common throne builders out side of the mainstrean name brand drum builders. I find it hard to believe that those stores could not locate one for you in matter of minutes if they were interested enough to look for you. they deserve to let the internet over take them in my opinion.

User Info Menu

yeah i know man. NONE of them never even heard of them before. and they just say "we got good peral, tama and all the thrones you want, never heard of roc n soc though" ... its pretty stupid i think. and they dont order unless its in their "catalouge" ...

User Info Menu

I love my Roc N Soc throne!

User Info Menu

Roc & Soc, I've never heard of them, are they only in America, I'm in England at the mo. I need a new stool as mine is a cheap one that came with the kit its about 10cms thick with pretty much NO padding, after 30mins on stage I have to stand up! I'm considering a Tama throne, I hear they're pretty good, does anyone know?

User Info Menu

I have heard that the Tama ergo riders are pretty nice. I don't have any first hand experience with them though!

User Info Menu

DC you got one? dang.. i NEED one!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lafirin View Post
    Yesiree!

User Info Menu

Did you try e-bay Laf?

Or I can get you one and ship it to you You just have to find out a way to get me the money..........

User Info Menu

uhmm.. i dunno about E-bay.. iv heard fishy things about it, dont that if used it, i dunno just dont like the idea.

actually I was going to mention that myself but but I thought you might think it was a bad idea, i guess not! Do you know how much it would cost with all the shipping and taxes added on?

User Info Menu

uhmm.. i dunno about E-bay.. iv heard fishy things about it, dont that if used it, i dunno just dont like the idea.

actually I was going to mention that myself but but I thought you might think it was a bad idea, i guess not! Do you know how much it would cost with all the shipping and taxes added on?
    The throne is about $140.00 US dollars (not sure if there is any tax). I'll have to check to see how much it weighs and figure out how much it would be to ship to you so I can get the full amount (PM me your address).

User Info Menu

BTW, I use e-bay all the time, never had one bad experience...... Just a thought.....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drum_chick View Post
    I love my Roc N Soc throne!
    Oh ya so do I ..I wouldnt ever part with mine...

User Info Menu

OK so what exactly a roc soc throne?

User Info Menu

Pork Pie all the way!!

I never liked Roc n Socs... I've sat in a few different ones, including with and without backrests, and I never liked them.

I loooooooove my Pork Pie though!

Uh, and to answer your question Kay-Gee... it's a drum throne! They're very padded and comfortable (well, they're supposed to be. I think it feels weird to sit in one.). Some of them have backrests and some don't. I think some also have those neat height adjusters that office chairs have (maybe someone who owns one can clear this up).
    http://www.myspace.com/jammasterjones
    http://www.myspace.com/nervousexistence

Current Drum Setup: Sonor Force 2005 all Birch: 22" x 17.5" kick, 14" x 5" snare, 10" x 9" and 12" x 10" toms, 16" x 16" floor tom.
    Current Cymbal Setup: All cymbals are Paiste unless otherwise noted: 14" 2002 Sound Edge Hi-Hats, 18" 2002 Medium Crash, 18" Alpha Power Crash, 20" 302 Ride, 16" 502 China, 10" 502 Splash, and 12" Wuhan China.

User Info Menu

Yes, Roc N Soc thrones that have the height adjustment like an office chair, not all of them but a few models have it.

User Info Menu

I use e-bay all of the time too, just pay attentio to the feed back and buy from reputable sellers. I have also never had a negative experience so far. It still blows me away that Roc n Socs are not to be found in Canada. It isn't like their is trage embargos between the two countries.

User Info Menu

yeah i dunno man. im sure there known here. just not around were I live. but its still very strange.

User Info Menu

Man, I just reread my last post sorry for all of the typo's

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by backtodrum View Post
    Man, I just reread my last post sorry for all of the typo's
    You can always go back and use the edit tool

User Info Menu

Yeah, Last time I was in RIT Music, they had a Roc n' Soc set up and I sat in it. Dang.... themz are nice. Awesome ergonomic design. Definitly different than your average throne. Expensive but Nieece!
    http://www.drumchat.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3906&dateline=1196908  888
    "Did you hear that Robin? 'Were'. 'Were'! DON'T YOU EVER TALK TO ME LIKE THAT AGAIN! I'M BARRRY GIBB! I'LL PUT YOU IN THE GROUND! PUT-YOU-IN--THE-GROUND--YeaH!

User Info Menu

I bought my Roc & Soc from musicians friend at a very good price