Thread: Rough week

User Info Menu

Default Rough week

My apologies for not being around in the past few days. A childhood friend of mine was murdered in an attempted robbery Monday evening. This week has been a tough one to get through. We have his visitation tomorrow night and funeral on Saturday. A large reward has been raised for information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible, and we are hoping and praying that they will be caught soon. I do hope all is well with everyone else, and for those who are gigging this weekend I hope you bring the house down.
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Re: Rough week

That’s absolutely terrible. I hope you can find peace at this time. Take all the time off you need. I lost a family member about a month ago the weekend before my exams so I know how you feel and it sucks. My prayers go out to you buddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

I'm going to be good, just having to get over the shock. Please remember his family in your prayers. They have a long road ahead of them.
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Hate to hear that DW. Hope they get the b*****d quickly.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

wow I am so sorry... my prayers go out

User Info Menu

Very sorry to hear that DW; is this the pawn shop guy ?
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear and sorry for your loss.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    I'll bet it is. DW lives down there.

All prayers out to his family. I've heard that he was a really good guy.

GeeDeeEmm

User Info Menu

Yes. Grew up with him. He would have given the shirt off of his back and the last dollar in his wallet to help anyone.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrumWhipper View Post
    Yes. Grew up with him. He would have given the shirt off of his back and the last dollar in his wallet to help anyone.
    I saw the camera images on TV; I will never understand that gang-punk-mindset.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian

User Info Menu

Times like this, I remember what my Dad told me on his death bed (cancer). He said he wasn’t ready to go, but part of him was glad that he wouldn’t be around to witness where this world was headed.

What scares me most is the absolute disregard and lack of respect for the sanctity of human life.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear this. I hope justice is served to the perpetrator (Whatever That May Be). My best to all who have lost a loved one.

User Info Menu

That's horrible. Hopefully the offender is caught and brought to justice.

User Info Menu

Update:
    Officials arrested two stupid and worthless punks from Camden yesterday; twin brother of the victim wants the death penalty.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian

User Info Menu

Update:
    Officials arrested two stupid and worthless punks from Camden yesterday; twin brother of the victim wants the death penalty.
    I hope they get the death penalty, too. Scum.

GeeDeeEmm

User Info Menu

Pieces of garbage should have already been in prison for previous charges.

FWIW, I cried like a baby when Jeff said "We got it. We got it. We got justice for Brandon!"

I love my dudes more than anyone knows.

Here's the pending charges from another county for the two sacks of you know what.

FB_IMG_1543954658777.jpg

FB_IMG_1543954662198.jpg
    Last edited by DrumWhipper; 12-05-2018 at 02:13 PM.

User Info Menu

I saw the camera images on TV; I will never understand that gang-punk-mindset.
    I don't understand it neither Ricky. When exactly did girls (I say girls because it's mainly the younger girls under 17) become "tough". When did murder take the place of a behind the school fight? There were fights almost everyday, most were broken up before any real damage happened, yet there was a murder in my old high school about 25 years ago when this stupidity known as "props" become a big thing. Respect is earned, it doesn't belong to anyone by divine right.

These things, and many more, (I could write a book on just the idiocy I've seen in my old hometown from 2005 to when I got the hell out of Dodge in 2012) is my personal opinion of when all this crap started.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS