Thread: Multi-Band Gigs

User Info Menu

Default Multi-Band Gigs

Who likes them, who doesn't? I'm done with them. Too much trouble. Sound guys usually suck at these and gear coordination is a PIA.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Multi-Band Gigs

The only time we shared a stage with another band was back in the '60's when there was a battle of the bands. After that, never.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Did it once in Little Rock and there were way more than three bands playing on an outdoor stage. Great sound and monitoring. The stage director had it firmly in hand. Each band had their gear set up in a staging area, and when the last band finished, there was a fifteen minute break to allow the next band to scamper on stage and set up their gear. The stage hands were wonderful, with one guy assigned to each musician and his gear. Zoom. We were on stage, miked up, and ready to play within the allotted time frame. This was a great experience for us.

GeeDeeEmm

User Info Menu

I've done some that were backlined and well organized and then I've done others that were disorganized and chaotic. I usually enjoyed the former and hated the latter ...

User Info Menu

I've done two of them, the first we opened for a Doors tribute band on New Years Eve. I hated it because I had to use the other drummers kit, and it was not a great kit. The Second time We opened for Leslie West of Mountain this one was great, huge crowd and I got to use my own kit. After that we avoided them.

User Info Menu

The annoying part is when bands take their sweet @#$!@# time getting off the stage when they are done, even when knowing you are needing to get up there and setup.
    They start talking to people in the crowd and etc.. look man just get off the stage then go chitchat.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    The annoying part is when bands take their sweet @#$!@# time getting off the stage when they are done, even when knowing you are needing to get up there and setup.
    They start talking to people in the crowd and etc.. look man just get off the stage then go chitchat.
    Like. This forum desperately needs a "Like" button.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    It has been my observation that a good stage manager can be worth his weight in gold when it comes to running these types off the stage ...