Thread: No gas left in the tank

User Info Menu

Default No gas left in the tank

I feel like i just don't need or really want to buy anything new besides sticks n heads.

I have a lot of good extra stuff that never even gets used... drums and cymbals. I like seeing and reading about the new gear and innovations but that's about all for now... maybe for good.

Unless something i already have breaks and becomes unuseable my tank is full.

I could and really do need a new cymbal bag though ... so if anybody wants to get me a deluxe soft cymbal case for Christmas that's fine with me
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Default Re: No gas left in the tank

I’m right there with you. I would like to get a new set, but I love the one I have now. I can set it up, or tune it for just about any style of playing. And I have about all the cymbals to go from jazz to metal.

There are a couple of different hand drums I would like to get my hands on. Manito bongos, and a Giovanni requinto are on the list, but not a priority.

And yet, I’m still looking at more snare drums.

User Info Menu

I'm the opposite. I'm so excited to get back into the game!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slinky View Post
    I feel like i just don't need or really want to buy anything new besides sticks n heads.

I have a lot of good extra stuff that never even gets used... drums and cymbals. I like seeing and reading about the new gear and innovations but that's about all for now... maybe for good.

Unless something i already have breaks and becomes unuseable my tank is full.

I could and really do need a new cymbal bag though ... so if anybody wants to get me a deluxe soft cymbal case for Christmas that's fine with me
    Now you can start saving for that Lambo!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    I'm the opposite. I'm so excited to get back into the game!
    I'm going to start hiding my snare drums because Zack wants every one in the Western Hemisphere.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

It's great when you finally get there. I seriously doubt that I'll ever buy another piece of drum gear...ever! My drum storehouse is full to overflowing and way above my current needs being that I'm a drummer in hibernation indefinitely. I just feel bad that I got so much great stuff that isn't even being used anymore. If I lived on the continent I'm sure a lot of it would be for sale.

all the best...

User Info Menu

I need 1 or 2 new crashes, my 14" and 16" are just a little too thin live and I also need some lighter hardware or a 2nd hardware bad as lugging it all in one is just about impossible and only a matter of time before I strain something.

I really want the Yamaha HW3 Advanced Lightweight Hardware Pack, really nice very light aluminum hardware plus it comes with a bag.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

I was just thinking the same. I have settled on the 1-up configuration. I now have a new “full size” Ludwig kit that’s as good as I desire or require. I also have a Bop kit that has proven itself over 2 years of gigging. I have snares, cymbals, stands and hardware to fit any application. I could upgrade some of it, but honestly, I’m happy with it all and can’t justify spending more $$$ just for looks or a slight difference in sound that no one will notice but me. Soooooo........

From here on out, my “GAS” will be focused on restoring the room full of vintage 3ply Ludwig shells I’ve accumulated over the last few years. I’m also planning on building a couple cigar-box guitars to play with. Maybe some type of rat-rod drum kit as well.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Feeling the same way. I've actually tried to talk myself into buying something new, but, just can't pull the trigger. Really don't need anything. I did just buy new double pedal......but, I had to.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    I was just thinking the same. I have settled on the 1-up configuration. I now have a new “full size” Ludwig kit that’s as good as I desire or require. I also have a Bop kit that has proven itself over 2 years of gigging. I have snares, cymbals, stands and hardware to fit any application. I could upgrade some of it, but honestly, I’m happy with it all and can’t justify spending more $$$ just for looks or a slight difference in sound that no one will notice but me. Soooooo........

From here on out, my “GAS” will be focused on restoring the room full of vintage 3ply Ludwig shells I’ve accumulated over the last few years. I’m also planning on building a couple cigar-box guitars to play with. Maybe some type of rat-rod drum kit as well.
    I wanna see that rat rod kit whenever you get it done. ...i like that kinda look myself too...
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slinky View Post
    I wanna see that rat rod kit whenever you get it done. ...i like that kinda look myself too...
    Ain’t decided what/how I’m gonna do it yet. But, I’m a gen-u-ine redneck...so all things are possum.....I mean possible.

I want something that looks like I drug it out from behind the corn crib and on to the stage. Like a rusty ‘33 Ford Pickup mated with a set of timpani.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

My short list includes:

1. 16/17" K Dark Thin Crash to go with my 18
    2. 20" or 21" medium ride cymbal of some make
    3. 16" Sabian Ozone crash (AAX or HHX Evolution)
    4. 5 x 14 DW collectors 10+6 maple snare in black ice wrap

Maybe even a DW5002 double pedal since for the first time in a very long time I'm involved in a project that requires double bass.

After that, I can't think of anything else that I would possibly need other than sticks, heads, and moon gel ...

User Info Menu

I'm done too. I keep looking at Dw Collector snares but IMHO the Ludwig BB I'm using is too hard to beat.