Thread: Ahead Spinal G Deluxe Drum Throne

User Info Menu

Default Ahead Spinal G Deluxe Drum Throne

Thoughts on the Ahead Spinal G Deluxe Drum Throne? I'm currently using an older Gibralter throne, but have been experiencing some discomfort in the buttocks while playing for an extended time. The reviews say that this throne will help with this, but I'm curious to see what those of you who are using it think?
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Re: Ahead Spinal G Deluxe Drum Throne

Not sure about the split in it...but if you’re using a round top throne, going to a wide motorcycle seat will definitely help.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    Not sure about the split in it.
    Won't have to lean to the side during a show, if you know what I mean lol
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

I use this throne and it is simply the best throne I have ever used and would highly recommend it. You can purchase it with or without a base unit which is particularly useful if you already have one you like. It's certainly not the cheapest throne available but I've found it worth every penny.
    PDP | Black Panther | Sabian |

User Info Menu

I have one of these & love it. Heavy old thing though. Used to get back & shoulder pain with my old Mapex throne. The Ahead Spinal G has eliminated all of that. Not cheap but worth it
    hope this helps.
    The Varukers.

User Info Menu

The only things that gave me a pain in my a$$ was either of my wives.

I have a Roc&Soc with both the round and bike seat and a Gibraltar seat. The Gibraltar seat is behind my Ludwigs and the R&S is by my Pearls that I play once or twice a month.

Get 1 of those hemorrhoid cushions. That will (or should) stop any pain in the a$$ that you have.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS