Thread: Some (kinda) Uptempo Shuffle for Y'all

User Info Menu

Default Some (kinda) Uptempo Shuffle for Y'all

User Info Menu

Default Re: Some (kinda) Uptempo Shuffle for Y'all

Shuffle requires a lot more from the left hand.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    Shuffle requires a lot more from the left hand.
    It depends what shuffle you're playing. One can add ghost notes if filling the gaps, or the famous halftime shuffle, Texas shuffle etc. Here I didn't. I was practicing a busier left hand with the shuffle earlier to get tighter. Onwards and upwards!

User Info Menu

As I've told you before, Ryan, I love watching your exercise videos. But this shuffle . . . uh,uh . . . that ain't cuttin' it brother. Sounds way too forced and rigid. You need to lay back with that bass drum and let your hands do the work. Watch this Keith Carlock shuffle instruction - he nails it. The very first variation he shows is the one I use the most. Listen to how loose he is and how minimal the bass drum action is, often only on the 1 and 3, sometimes 1234.

GeeDeeEmm

User Info Menu

Now, those /\ are shuffles.

User Info Menu

Just a simple suggestion - Record your video's with music and there are a lot of YouTube sources for "Drumless" tracks and "genre's". That way, we can all correlate what you're playing with how it works in the song. Its hard for me to hear the "song in your head" - (thats a joke)
    Yamaha Oak Custom 22x17 with Brass Kick Port, Brass Hoop Claws,10-12-14 racks, 16 Floor and all toms have Brass Hoops and a Tama Starclassic Bubinga Elite 14x6.5 snare in Quilted Mocha Burst and Black Nickel hardware. All hi-end Zildjian Cymbals - K Dark Thin crashes & splashes, a Zildjian A crash & a Meinl 16" crash, Avedis Zildjian 1964 ride, K Custom hats plus New Beat hats on Closed X-Hat.

If a Man offends thee - - give each of his children a Drum~~~!!!