Thread: I'm back.... with a new kit

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

Default I'm back.... with a new kit

Hey fellas. I've been away from the forums for a while. Due to a divorce, I had to move out of the house about 9 months ago, into an apartment. Now before you go saying "Sorry to hear it", trust me, it's a much better situation now, but thanks anyway. However, being in a 1 bedroom apartment is far from the ideal situation for a drummer! Just before moving into the apartment, I traded my Mapex Meridian kit for an electronic kit, and played that for a little while, but I just couldn't get into the e-kit. So I posted that up for sale as well. Through that sale ad, I met an amazing woman, who is also a drummer. She and I have been dating for a few months now. Being that my lease is going to be up in a couple months, and I'm going to be moving out and renting a house, I've been looking at getting another drum kit. My girlfriend is just as excited to see me start drumming again soon. She's so excited that she just bought me a kit! We found a smoking deal on a 3 piece Gretsch Renown Maple kit. 10, 16 and 22 in Piano Black lacquer finish. It's a beautiful set! Now, I'm basically starting over. I have no cymbals, no hardware, etc. Just the 3 piece set. But it's a hell of a start!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Powertrip240; 12-31-2018 at 09:25 PM.
    Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    "I shall either find a way or make one"