Thread: Best Lunch surprise from the Drum Fairy!

User Info Menu

Default Best Lunch surprise from the Drum Fairy!

Came home from lunch to find this sitting on my door step!!

13x7 made from 100% Oak with African Marble

I cannot wait to get home and play it!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Best Lunch surprise from the Drum Fairy!

Zack, I have no idea what you paid for that, but, I have a feeling it's going to sound like a snare drum.

I base that on the fact that snare drums always seem to sound like snare drums. In all my years, I have never mistaken 1 for a 16x16 floor tom.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

That’s pretty cool! I’m not a big fan of the black tension rods...I’d probably swap them out for chrome. I love the woodgrain and the size. The Oak should be a nice match for the 13”.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Nice

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    That’s pretty cool! I’m not a big fan of the black tension rods...I’d probably swap them out for chrome. I love the woodgrain and the size. The Oak should be a nice match for the 13”.
    You know I also questioned the black rods... thought that was very odd for not having any other black hardware?!

User Info Menu

My guess is, the black rods with chrome lugs and hoops are a theme; playing off the wood grain pattern of the shell. It actually does look nice, and it’s a unique and subtle touch. I’m just not a fan of painted hardware. I can do brass or black nickel plating..just not paint. I’ve noticed that PP does a lot of it, depending on the model.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Nice, Oak makes for great sounding snare drums. I have yet to hear an oak snare with that annoying ring that you have to muffle out on a lot of different snare drums. Black tension screws are unappealing but not a deal breaker.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Very nice. I think the black rods look great
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Congrats! I really like the wood swirl finish on that drum.

User Info Menu

Nice! I have a 8x14" Yamaha Custom Oak snare. I think oak is awesome for drums.