Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who Got Snow?

User Info Menu

Default Who Got Snow?

It was supposed to be a foot or so but we lucked out and only got a couple of inches.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Who Got Snow?

We got about 8”. It was a heavy, wet snow. Supposed to be upper 30s/40s and sunny this week...but now they’re saying another system will come through next weekend. Early forecast calls for 16” to 23”. I certainly hope not.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

we got 'bout an inch or 2

User Info Menu

yesterday was snow for us too... but i'm only an hour away from Olimpass

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    We got about 8”. It was a heavy, wet snow. Supposed to be upper 30s/40s and sunny this week...but now they’re saying another system will come through next weekend. Early forecast calls for 16” to 23”. I certainly hope not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Olimpass View Post
    we got 'bout an inch or 2
    Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    yesterday was snow for us too... but i'm only an hour away from Olimpass

Have any of you guys looked on the map of the USA to see where you live? The fact that snow visits you every once in a while should not be a shock.

Why do you think I got the hell out of NJ. Once I retired and had to live there year round, I got fed up with 14" to 18" of snow 3-4 times a year and the 30MPH-40MPH wind that was steady from mid-October to sometime in April.

The fact that I can breathe air I can't see is a plus.

The couple of inches that Tom got was rain for us.
    Last edited by rickthedrummer; 01-13-2019 at 11:31 PM. Reason: =======
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

I’ve had about 3 feet in my backyard since the start of November lol. Gotta say I do love it! Even warmed up a bit today.
    7F21B8D8-72B8-44D5-B763-4BAE8AA83D7F.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FlyByNight View Post
    I’ve had about 3 feet in my backyard since the start of November lol. Gotta say I do love it! Even warmed up a bit today.
    Looks like you could break out the shorts on Monday and Tuesday.

I still find it amazing that people managed to live there before central heating and flush toilets.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Looks like you could break out the shorts on Monday and Tuesday.

I still find it amazing that people managed to live there before central heating and flush toilets.
    The one thing I hate is when it starts to warm up there’s just dirty slush everywhere. Impossible to walk outside without getting snow all over you. Driving is horrible too.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Nothing better than walking through the woods along the river on a snowy evening. Especially with your dog and a small bottle of Peach Tree Schnapps.

Whose woods these are I think I know.
    His house is in the village though;
    He will not see me stopping here
    To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it queer
    To stop without a farmhouse near
    Between the woods and frozen lake
    The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake
    To ask if there is some mistake.
    The only other sound’s the sweep
    Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.
    -Robert Frost
    -Brian

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

The one thing I hate is when it starts to warm up there’s just dirty slush everywhere. Impossible to walk outside without getting snow all over you. Driving is horrible too.
    Ever heard of Florida Mike? Might be something to give some thought to.

VAE VICTIS

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

"Nothing better than walking through the woods along the river on a snowy evening."

Kate-Beckinsale-Total-Recall-Lori-2012-Movie.jpg

Curled up on a couch with Kate and a hot toddy seems to me a better way to spend a evening than standing in the snow waiting for my dog to poop.

Damn, she is gorgeous. When they talk about beautiful women, I think she has that pretty much nailed down.
    Last edited by rickthedrummer; 01-14-2019 at 05:24 PM. Reason: ---------

VAE VICTIS

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

OK. You got me on that one.
    Unfortunately, there’s a MUCH BETTER chance of me standing in the snow waiting for my dog to drop a dirt-sausage than even getting within 100yrds of Kate. Unless, that is, she’s a big fan of beat-up, rusty and creepy Aerostar vans full of dogs...or chloroform. I guess a guy can always hope!
    Last edited by N2Bluz; 01-14-2019 at 07:22 PM.
    -Brian

User Info Menu

"Unless, that is, she’s a big fan of beat-up, rusty and creepy Aerostar vans full of dogs...or chloroform. I guess a guy can always hope!"

I'll ask her.........................Yeah, right............................................. ....................................I'll hope along with you.

VAE VICTIS

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

About 7"

User Info Menu

Why would anyone choose to live there?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    Why would anyone choose to live there?
    I have wondered about that for decades.

I could (in my younger) days, not live anywhere that there were no ladies to be seen in shorts and halter tops or bikinis.

I would imagine that Playboy sells out rather quickly in parts of Canada.

VAE VICTIS

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

26534D06-2B76-48DD-A96A-8B34F9C85658.jpg
    A couple hours north of where I am right now. Feels like -41

-Mike

User Info Menu

26534D06-2B76-48DD-A96A-8B34F9C85658.jpg
    A couple hours north of where I am right now. Feels like -41
    So, you’re either Santa Clause or a dog-sled mechanic. No other reason I can think of to subject yourself willingly to such an environment.
    -Brian

User Info Menu

So, you’re either Santa Clause or a dog-sled mechanic. No other reason I can think of to subject yourself willingly to such an environment.
    Haha my cousin’s an rcmp officer and he works up there. A few years ago I went to Vegas after Christmas. Nice heat in the 20s for a couple weeks. When I came back early January it was -20 but it felt like the North Pole. You sort of get used to it. Cold wind is the killer.

Even if, I still get pissed every morning because I have to go out in the brutal cold and walk 10 minutes from my car to class... lol

-Mike

User Info Menu

Haha my cousin’s an rcmp officer and he works up there. A few years ago I went to Vegas after Christmas. Nice heat in the 20s for a couple weeks. When I came back early January it was -20 but it felt like the North Pole. You sort of get used to it. Cold wind is the killer.

Even if, I still get pissed every morning because I have to go out in the brutal cold and walk 10 minutes from my car to class... lol
    Your comment about Vegas got me thinking; are you talking Celsius or Fahrenheit?
    I was thinking by -20* you were talking Fahrenheit. -20* Celsius is still cold, but not Arctic like I was thinking.
    -Brian

User Info Menu

Your comment about Vegas got me thinking; are you talking Celsius or Fahrenheit?
    I was thinking by -20* you were talking Fahrenheit. -20* Celsius is still cold, but not Arctic like I was thinking.
    Celsius. Should’ve stated that oops.

-Mike

User Info Menu

From environment Canada:

“Bitterly cold wind chill values in the -40 to -45 range are expected tonight and Friday in much of southern Manitoba as frigid Arctic air cascades down from the north. The cold weather is expected to persist through the weekend.”

Tomorrow morning’s gonna be fun..

-Mike

User Info Menu

Expecting about a foot of snow here in West Central Ohio. Maybe ice on top of that with wind and frigid temperatures.

User Info Menu

I've been reading up on all this polar vortex stuff. It's wicked!

User Info Menu

What started out last weekend as a prediction for 23” of snow, 30mph winds and -7F temps is turning out to be a little freezing drizzle and a low temp of +10F.
    -Brian