Thread: Agazarian Cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Agazarian Cymbals

Anyone own one of these? They make splashes and chinas only apparently. I tried a 14 inch china at the rehearsal studio and it has a great trashy sound with a quick decay, exactly the sound I like. I have an 18 Zildjian china that I never liked the sound of. I've only owned Zildjian, so this would be new territory for me. It's tempting because besides the sound, the prices are really low compared to other brands. I wonder how durable they are.

Acoustic Kits:
    Ludwig Maple 3ply White Cortex 4 pc
    Rukus Mod Orange Club 4 pc
    DW Design 6 pc
    Tama Silverstar Limited Edition Mirage 5 pc
    Tama Superstar 5 pc
    Tama Rockstar 4 pc
    Gretsch Catalina Ash 4 pc

Slingerland 7 pc

Electronic Kits:
    Yamaha DTX532k
    Roland TD-27, Roland PD-85 (x4), PD-125, KD9, CY-8 (x2) VH-10, Lemon 15 and 18 cymbals
    Roland SPD-SX Sample Pad

Snares:
    Tama SLP Black Brass
    Tama SLP G Maple
    Rukus Santos/Bubinga/Poplar/Wenge
    Rukus Avodire/Maple/Mahogany
    1972 Ludwig Supraphonic

Hardware:
    Tama, DW, Yamaha and Sonor

Cymbals:
    Zildjian A Series, A Custom and K Custom

Microphones:
    Miktek, Audix and Shure

User Info Menu

Default Re: Agazarian Cymbals

I have some Agazarian Chinas(6, 8, 10, 12), and a 14 crash, and they sound great. I also have a Wu Han 20 or 22( loud & nasty), a Wu Han 12(not much sound from that one), a 16 A Zildjian High Boy(?)( I enjoy it when I use it) and another 16, can't remember the brand, pretty nasty. I don't use all of them at the same time, mix them up.

Agazarian cymbals , at least the splashes, are fine IMO. Never tried the rides, HH, or crashes(except for the 14 I have). I use A Zildjian HH(15s), ride(22 or 20), crashes (17 & 18), and have an old(1936 paper thin, huge bell) that was drilled for 6 rivets in 1969....a shame/crime IMO but it was given to me to offset a debt.