Thread: i have a question

User Info Menu

Default i have a question

i just got a dw 5000 single pedal and i got the floor model soo it was a little dirty so i dusted it off and there was a little piece of food or something stuck in the hinge i tried to get it out with a butter knife and i eventually did and i was taking it apart yesterday and noticed that i had scratched the hinge and i was wondering if this scratch is going to effect the pedal

User Info Menu

No!

User Info Menu

Just out of random curiosity, how did food get stuck in a bass pedal hinge?
    http://www.drumchat.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3906&dateline=1196908  888
    "Did you hear that Robin? 'Were'. 'Were'! DON'T YOU EVER TALK TO ME LIKE THAT AGAIN! I'M BARRRY GIBB! I'LL PUT YOU IN THE GROUND! PUT-YOU-IN--THE-GROUND--YeaH!

User Info Menu

LOL! yeah good question. Its so funny how us drummers are so pedantic about our drum kits and hardware. That little scratch wont affect anything mate....LOL! I am exactly the same, thats why I am laughing

User Info Menu

Perhaps the butter knife was a bit of overkill for a piece of food maybe a tooth brush and a shot of windex would have saved the hinge from a scratch, either way though I am sure there is no funtional harm to the hinge.

User Info Menu

Cool i have a question

I wouldn't worry about the scratch--unless you're shootin' a video with a close-up your feet, roachmon, 99 and 44/100 percent of the people watching will neither know or care about the foot pedal... the remaining 56/100 percent will be watching you, not the pedal...

all kidding aside, man, BTD is spot on about cleaning it with Windex and a tooth brush...but that's one of the minor hazards of buyin' a floor model...as long as it produces what you want it to produce, !
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck