Thread: Hey Everyone!

User Info Menu

Default Hey Everyone!

Hey Everyone! It's been a minute since I've logged in here but I wanted to pop in and say hello. Some of you may recall my band's guitar player moved to Florida to pursue his marine biology career almost exactly 5 years ago. I haven't played much drums since then. I've been asked to play in a few projects but turned them all down.

I've been playing bass (my original instrument) in a band since August, but we've only gotten together a few times. We're working on a set for Halloween.

At any rate, my guitar player is actually on his way back to PA right this very moment, so I may be behind the kit again soon!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Hey Everyone!

Hey good to see you back Mark! Is your former guitar player coming back for just a visit or for good?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    Hey good to see you back Mark! Is your former guitar player coming back for just a visit or for good?
    Somewhere between the two. His parents also moved to florida around the time he did. They don't like it there so they are moving back here to PA. He's living with them until he finds a new just up here in the Northeast. So he does plan to leave again soon, but I suspect we'll get a jam or two in and possible a one off reunion show before he goes.

User Info Menu

Welcome back Mark! Glad to hear you'll be back on drums again. #SlightlyBiased

User Info Menu

look at this guy!
    That would be awesome if he came back and you got back up on that horse.

User Info Menu

Minutes are obviously longer in Harrisburg than they are in other parts of the country. Are you hanging out for a while or is this a hit and run?
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    Minutes are obviously longer in Harrisburg than they are in other parts of the country. Are you hanging out for a while or is this a hit and run?
    Hey Rick! Even while I was gone I've still dropped in every so often to read posts.

Spaz, I'm not sure we'll do anything long term. I don't have the desire to gig regularly again. I didn't care for it when we did! haha.

User Info Menu

Welcome back. Harrisburg eh? I hit Dale's Drum Shop every now and then.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    Welcome back. Harrisburg eh? I hit Dale's Drum Shop every now and then.
    I used to shop there often! Great shop.

User Info Menu

Hey Mark! Glad to hear from you.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Hey Mark! Glad to hear from you.
    Good to be back! Hope all is well down south!

User Info Menu

Good to see you Marko, I got lost for a bit as well. It must be a Pennsylvania thing. :D
    -Mike

"We don't stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing."

"I wish that my playing reminded people of Steve Gadd. But they seem to confuse me with his little known cousin... E."

"Snare drums happen."