Thread: Stick Trick King 2019 (Stick Tricks While Playing 360 video)

User Info Menu

Default Stick Trick King 2019 (Stick Tricks While Playing 360 video)

Hello and welcome to my thread.
    My friends refer to me as the "Stick Trick King" for obvious reasons. Not many can do what I can in fear of walking away looking like a pirate; so I don't necessarily suggest trying this at home! I am also a bit of an innovator in the drum world, doing things that I have never seen before nor have ever been done before; especially in a live scenario. From the way I custom made my drumset with built in Lights and Smoke all the way to innovating some of my original "moves and tricks." Like Turning around and playing backwards mid song (the King Shunned), Behind the back snare hits (Covert King), Kneeling while playing (Bow to the King), Sitting on the floor tom propping My foot up while playing (Leisure King), Right to left stick flips (King Pick a Hand), Floor bounced sticks (King 5 second ruler), Standing outside of the hi-hat but still using bass drum, snare, hat functions opening and closing and toms like normal. Bass drum and hat pedals are used independently via toe or heel (Ghost King on the Throne), Stick drop snare hits (Matrix King), mirrored traditional grip with little movement (Stone Cold King).... And the list goes On with other names like King Propeller Head a twirled stick atop your head.....
    If it was impossible, I am Sure I have tried it. If I did it on my own and hadn't seen it before I am Sure I named it King.... The trick used the least by me is the fake rock-spin what kind of King would use something like that, it isn't named KING! If you borrow any of my tricks which I hope you do, please name them after me in "King" fashion like they used to do with skateboard tricks. After all, THE DRUMMER IS ALWAYS THE KING OF THE BAND; which is why YOU THE DRUMMER sit upon a THRONE while playing!
    Enough about me in the not so brief braggy like description, just trying to introduce myself with a bit of humor to those who ran across me by chance. I am a rather humble person who loves to eat sleep and play drums... This thread has some snippets of my New Years Eve Show 2018/19 where we played 5-45 minute sets that night (approximately 60 songs, so at the end yes I was exhausted!!!) We use no microphones on the drums and no sound man, so this is a live sound from the camera(s). The louder the band plays, the louder I hit so there are few ghost notes in my playing; why waste energy...
    I won't boor you with the entire sets, but rather just include a few videos. These videos were taken in 360 degrees and look best in a VR headset like the Oculus Rift or HTC Vive where in 360 video the drums are viewed at a life-size scale. The videos have 2 views of the stage synced into one video so you can some-what pick your angle. These are videos just having fun doing what I love and I made them myself for you to watch and share. I hope they inspire you with adding to your playing style and I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed making them.

I am the King of my Throne, Rock on!
    ~ Stick Trick King

Stealin' - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmKIySVuyYw

Old Time RnR - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHXSi8YDzkc

My Girl - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06z3OkiwzVE

User Info Menu

Default Re: Stick Trick King 2019 (Stick Tricks While Playing 360 video)

If you are going to do it, then do it right.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Howdy STK, welcome to Drum Chat!
    - Admin

We are proud to present one of the net's largest drum forums. Please click the following link if you need assistance with our Drum Chat forum. | Drum Chat is brought to you by Drum Bum, Inc. featuring Cool Gifts for Drummers & all Musicians & Custom Drumsticks

User Info Menu

But can you play upside down?
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Welcome to the forum!!!

User Info Menu

trying to compete against "the drummer at the wrong gig" huh?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    trying to compete against "the drummer at the wrong gig" huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Very interesting. Welcome to DC! I’m glad you’re enjoying your playing and most importantly, you’re doing your own thing. That’s what it’s all about. Personally, I’m better off concentrating on the music and doing my best to stay focused on the “groove”...not to mention the physical aspects of standing up, sitting down, walking around and waving my arms. I’m too old and back is too bad. I’d last about 30 seconds before tripping over something or knocking everything over. Or even worse; spilling my beer.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

No, I am not competing with Steve Moore, (the drummer at the wrong gig.) I have been doing stick tricks for about 15 years, I began because I got into a plateau with learning and playing. With no new challenge after years of learning I had to change it up for a challenge. The only person I am competing with is myself. Like actors in Hollywood, there are many out there and there is room for us all.
    Have a great day.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stick Trick King View Post
    ...there are many out there and there is room for us all.
    Isn't that the truth!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stick Trick King View Post
    I began because I got into a plateau with learning and playing. With no new challenge after years of learning I had to change it up for a challenge. The only person I am competing with is myself. Like actors in Hollywood, there are many out there and there is room for us all.
    Have a great day.
    Welcome to the forum, love your enthusiasm and innovation on building your own kit. As far as learning it all and needing a new challenge? Well I find that very hard to believe and hope I never reach that point, but maybe you mean that you have learned everything you want to learn. In either case I look forward to chatting with you going forward and breaking out my old Oculus and viewing these video's again.
    Last edited by MDK; 02-07-2019 at 09:40 AM.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Yawn
    The Varukers.