Thread: How i eliminate spare snare buzz

User Info Menu

Default How i eliminate spare snare buzz

Here's a quick DIY video showing how I eliminate my spare snares buzz.
    Someone had asked me about it online so thought I'd make a quick easy video.

User Info Menu

Default Re: How i eliminate spare snare buzz

That is an impressive rack of snares!

User Info Menu

Yeah, NICE RACK!

But yeah, great tip too!
    Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    "I shall either find a way or make one"

User Info Menu

Wow, what a great idea, thanks Zack!

By the way, that's one awesome drum room!

User Info Menu

Another day in Mr Zack's neighborhood.

I have 5 snare drums. 1 on my Ludwigs, 1 on my Pearls. That leaves 3 snare drums. I flip the snares off, lay them flat on the carpet under my pool table, voila, no snare buzz.

Now, if I had 50+ snare drums, it would mean less time for scotch, so I solved that problem by not having 50+ snare drums. I did have 2 wives, which, as I found out too late, was 2 more than I actually needed. They both buzzed, but I had to live with that. I think they were trying to say something but as I never paid attention to what they said until they said D-I-V-O-R-C-E............. that I heard loud and clear.

Simple solutions for a complex world.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post

I have 5 snare drums. 1 on my Ludwigs, 1 on my Pearls. That leaves 3 snare drums. I flip the snares off, lay them flat on the carpet under my pool table, voila, no snare buzz.

Now, if I had 50+ snare drums, it would mean less time for scotch, so I solved that problem by not having 50+ snare drums. I did have 2 wives, which, as I found out too late, was 2 more than I actually needed. They both buzzed, but I had to live with that. I think they were trying to say something but as I never paid attention to what they said until they said D-I-V-O-R-C-E............. that I heard loud and clear.

OMG That is hilarious Rick!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    OMG That is hilarious Rick!!!
    That's why they paid me the big bucks!!!!!!!!! When you can be married twice, shot at several thousand times, deal with musicians for most of my life, 1 develops a sense of humor or kills a guitar player. (Both is a dream but not a option)

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post

Did you try laying the wives flat on the carpet under the pool table? Just curious if that would have stopped them from buzzing as well.....
    Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    "I shall either find a way or make one"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Powertrip240 View Post
    Did you try laying the wives flat on the carpet under the pool table? Just curious if that would have stopped them from buzzing as well.....
    Nothing would have stopped either 1 of them from buzzing. Wife #2 was like 42 strand snares.

The only way I could have stopped listening to her buzzing would be to put her on another continent.

VAE VICTIS

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

I never could understand why anyone would want more than one...maybe two...snares. Then, I bought a second snare...and a third...and pretty soon I realized, I own seven. I have no idea how that happened.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

"and a third...and pretty soon I realized, I own seven. I have no idea how that happened."

Simple..............................you bought 4 more.

VAE VICTIS

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Cool just starting my own snare collection, good idea. thanks.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

I own 4 snares but only play one consistently (Ludwig BB) but if I owned 50+, all but one would be in cases hence no snare buzz.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    I own 4 snares but only play one consistently (Ludwig BB) but if I owned 50+, all but one would be in cases hence no snare buzz.
    Even at $20 a case you'd waste another $1,050 on cases for every snare? I'd put that towards another snare