Thread: Super Bowl

User Info Menu

Default Super Bowl

Geez, was that the most boring game on earth or what? Rams defense looked pretty good but it wasn't enough to hold the Pats back in the 4th quarter. Brady seems to always come through in the end. Anyone have money on this game? Too bad it's not enough to buy your time back that was wasted watching it.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Super Bowl

I didn’t watch it
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

I picked the Rams. I'll root for any team against the Pats.

What pi$$e$ the Saints fans is that Goodell (who is a chicken**** commissioner) had the authority to bring the Saints and Rams back and make them play from 1:50, call the foul (pass interference and helmet to helmet. Either 1 gives them yardage and 1st down). With 2 weeks till the SB, he could have brought them back on Tuesday and whoever won would still have plenty of time to get ready for the SB.

If you watch it from the end zone angle, the ref is watching the whole thing and does nothing. A glaring failure right there. When you play hard and lose because nobody calls what was the most obvious foul of the game, the Saints and their fans have every right to be pi$$ed.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Yep, not a very exciting game. Yep, it was a defensive struggle. Yep, it was still good football flying in the face of the NFL who changed the rules so much to make it a high scoring league (luv that part). Yep, I took the Patriots minus the spread. Yep, the halftime show really sucked. Yep, Brady is the GOAT. Yep, the Patriots are a true dynasty.

User Info Menu

All the hype was for nothing really... just a boring punt fest game...

Kinda serves the NFL right for screwing the Saints. I was hoping for a blow out but that Super Bore was probably a better slap in their face.

Just wait till next year when the Patriots get there again
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Pffft whatever, I thought it was a great game. Saints still had a chance to win the game and blew it... boo hoo, Replaying the game is ridiculous! I wonder who will get the right to Play the Patriots in the Annual New England Superbowl Invitational next year! ; ) Early Money is on the Bears.
    Last edited by MDK; 02-04-2019 at 07:52 AM.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

"Saints still had a chance to win the game and blew it... boo hoo, Replaying the game is ridiculous!"

Had that foul been called, the game would never have gone to overtime.

The whole game isn't played over. They put 1:50 on the clock, the foul would be called, and the Saints get the ball !st and 10 at about the 10-12 yard line. Goodell has the authority to do that, just not the b***'s.

"Had that penalty been called, the Saints would have been able to run out the clock and take the game-winning attempt in regulation. It decided the game." That's from the refs, not me.

"Boo hoo's a$$. If that call happened against the Pats, you would still be crying in April.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

"Saints still had a chance to win the game and blew it... boo hoo, Replaying the game is ridiculous!"

Had that foul been called, the game would never have gone to overtime.

The whole game isn't played over. They put 1:50 on the clock, the foul would be called, and the Saints get the ball !st and 10 at about the 10-12 yard line. Goodell has the authority to do that, just not the b***'s.

"Had that penalty been called, the Saints would have been able to run out the clock and take the game-winning attempt in regulation. It decided the game." That's from the refs, not me.

"Boo hoo's a$$. If that call happened against the Pats, you would still be crying in April.
    If that Happened against the Pats I would be pissed no doubt, it was a horrible call but I would have to admit they still had a chance to win the game afterwards and honestly I would not even give a thought to thinking the league would replay that part of the game. BTW you would be saying the same thing to me had that bad call happened to the Pats! In fact you would probably be even happier about it...
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    If that Happened against the Pats I would be pissed no doubt, it was a horrible call but I would have to admit they still had a chance to win the game afterwards and honestly I would not even give a thought to thinking the league would replay that part of the game. BTW you would be saying the same thing to me had that bad call happened to the Pats! In fact you would probably be even happier about it...
    I'm a Cowboy's fan so I live with the good years and deal with the bad years.

The Pat's are catching up with the Boy's for consecutive winning seasons. The Boy's had 21, the Pats have 18.

I do understand the Saint's fan's (and the Saints) anger over a non-call. I don't know what the refs were looking at but it certainly wasn't the play that even Stevie Wonder would have called.

VAE VICTIS

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    Yep, not a very exciting game. Yep, it was a defensive struggle. Yep, it was still good football flying in the face of the NFL who changed the rules so much to make it a high scoring league (luv that part). Yep, I took the Patriots minus the spread. Yep, the halftime show really sucked. Yep, Brady is the GOAT. Yep, the Patriots are a true dynasty.
    Yep I agree!

User Info Menu

I don't know what the refs were looking at but it certainly wasn't the play that even Stevie Wonder would have called.
    lol, really!

User Info Menu

Superbowl. When?
    Signature here