Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MDK Drum Cam

User Info Menu

Default MDK Drum Cam

Inspired by ITPP thread I too will post crappy video's of a crappy drummer for your amusement except mine are actually pretty crappy : )

Anyway this is my 1st attempt with my zoom Q4 and as you can tell the camera moved away from me just after I hit record but you get the idea. I need to play with the recording settings and location a little bit and we were also having a weird sound coming from someone's amp or maybe the BD mic every time I hit the snare and the snare was not even mic'd? 1st time thats happened to us and we never figured it out. This is 3 songs (shine, 2 tickets, and Jailbreak) but I will try to chop them up into 1 song video's going forward.

So here it is mistakes and all Live, we had a great crowd and they actually asked us to play another hour afterwards Ughhhh so we played for 5 hrs that night! They gave us an extra $100 but was a rough Sunday morning before the Superbowl. Any tips or pointers you can give are always appreciated.

Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Default Re: MDK Drum Cam

What I heard sounded fine. Take a bow!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    What I heard sounded fine. Take a bow!
    Thanks Bish, This was my 1st gig with my new AAX Concept crashes as well, I think they sound sweet and I do not need to hit em near as hard as I am used to and will adjust that going forward.
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    Thanks Bish, This was my 1st gig with my new AAX Concept crashes as well, I think they sound sweet and I do not need to hit em near as hard as I am used to and will adjust that going forward.
    I noticed your ride had a nice ping to it, too!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Sounds great man!

User Info Menu

Really well played! You were spot on and sounded great.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    I noticed your ride had a nice ping to it, too!
    Thanks, thats my regular 20" K.. I have a 21" hybrid custom but the reg. K seems to do everything just a little better. I may try a gig with the Hybrid just to hear the difference live.

Quote Originally Posted by dangermoney View Post
    Sounds great man!
    Thanks bud

Quote Originally Posted by thunderstruck View Post
    Really well played! You were spot on and sounded great.
    Thank you man.
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

User Info Menu

Sounds good to me. I like the sound of your hi hats.

User Info Menu

You are right, you are a crappy drummer. In fact you and Marc (ITPP) should get together and have a debate on who is the crappy-est drummer, you or him.

Seriously, both of you guys are good, I have liked everything that both of you have done (Although I could have done without Come Together. I think the beatles were sitting on a mountaintop in a circle with that Mahayogi guy and that's where they got the name)

I liked the cymbal sound also, and the fills were right on.

Nothing like spending some time with a glass of scotch listening to crappy drummers. The next time I hear (read) either 1 of you saying "crappy drummers", I will drive to your home and both of you.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Sounds good to me. I like the sound of your hi hats.
    Thanks Drummer, those are my 14" K hybrids. I am thinking of going to all sabian but I really love my Hats and My ride and am in no hurry to replace either.

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    You are right, you are a crappy drummer. In fact you and Marc (ITPP) should get together and have a debate on who is the crappy-est drummer, you or him.

Seriously, both of you guys are good, I have liked everything that both of you have done (Although I could have done without Come Together. I think the beatles were sitting on a mountaintop in a circle with that Mahayogi guy and that's where they got the name)

I liked the cymbal sound also, and the fills were right on.

Nothing like spending some time with a glass of scotch listening to crappy drummers. The next time I hear (read) either 1 of you saying "crappy drummers", I will drive to your home and both of you.
    LOL Noted bud ... And thank you. BTW what kind of Scotch?
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    Thanks Drummer, those are my 14" K hybrids. I am thinking of going to all sabian but I really love my Hats and My ride and am in no hurry to replace either.

LOL Noted bud ... And thank you. BTW what kind of Scotch?
    Johnny Walker Blue.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

sounded great to me!

User Info Menu

Good job MDK...deep pocket on Shine.

User Info Menu

How have I not seen this before? Anyway, nice playing bruh. Drums sound great. Gotta lose the music stand though

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    How have I not seen this before? Anyway, nice playing bruh. Drums sound great. Gotta lose the music stand though
    Thanks, dont get me started on the music stands. Lead singer has 2 of them, the big gawdy one you see and one that is just out of the frame in between my hi hat and cymbal stands that he puts his drink (which he usually spills on my kick mic) and tambourine/shakers on. The 2 guitar players have them as well. Maybe the next video I will take from the audiences perspective.
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    Good job MDK...deep pocket on Shine.
    Thank you bud.. I always start that one out a lil fast but getting better the more familiar I become with it.
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

User Info Menu

I always bypassed the rough mornings by sleeping till about 2 in the afternoon.

VAE VICTIS

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Cowbell intro was the right choice. :D. Also I like your snare sound.
    Last edited by Kazaamski; 03-30-2019 at 03:23 PM.
    "The chances of being attacked and killed by a terrorist are less than the chances of being attacked and killed by your own heart"
    Carrying the message to Garcia. Today and everyday.
    Temple Beth Snare Buzz-Head Rabbi

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kazaamski View Post
    Cowbell intro was the right choice. :D. Also I like your snare sound.
    LOL, have a few people that always yell out "more cowbell" and buy me a beer when I play it so I usually put it in a few places it does not belong depending on my thirst : ) BTW the Snare is a 14 x 6.5 DW collectors 10 - 6 snare.. Love it but hope to record this weekends gig with my new Tama SLG Maple 13 x 7, I am curious how it would sound compared to these videos in the same room.
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

User Info Menu

Great time playing at a Campground in NH last night. I learned my lesson last time and decided to bring my mismatched pearl export beater kit with my 13 x 7 Pork pie steel snare. Not the best sounding kit but held up pretty well, 12" tom kept coming out of tune after 3 or 4 songs. Last time we played here I had beach sand everywhere and drinks spilled all over my Saturns. Great place to play and a ton of fun but not bringing the good kits back there again : ) This was the end of the 2nd encore (we had 3) and we played over 2-1/2 hrs straight with no breaks and it was humid as hades. I was wiped.
    Last edited by MDK; 07-14-2019 at 04:28 PM.
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

User Info Menu

Sounded good MDK!!!

VAE VICTIS

WILL ROGERS

Gee Pou Guest

Great job MDK I think your band sounded good in both videos. You had fun and that is what counts the most.

User Info Menu

Thanks guys, Here is Folsom Prison. Nothing fancy but always gets them dancing.
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

User Info Menu

" have a few people that always yell out "more cowbell"

Back in the day, when a few people yelled " more cowbell", I would take them to a diary farm, and leave them there.

VAE VICTIS

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    " have a few people that always yell out "more cowbell"

Back in the day, when a few people yelled " more cowbell", I would take them to a diary farm, and leave them there.
    LOL, I get it all the time.
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy