Thread: V drums

User Info Menu

Default V drums

whats the V stand for?

and why do some electric kits have white pads and black pads, some have different feels too, whats up with that

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lafirin View Post
    whats up with that
    You forgot the question mark.

User Info Menu

Man, do you have something against me? cause if you do then you can say it. Seems like the only time you answer me is with one of your smart remarks.

User Info Menu

Joke.
    On a serious note i dont know wht they are called V-Drums.

User Info Menu

thanks

User Info Menu

Laf, I'm not sure why they're called V-drums but the different pads go from the different ranges. The white pads are for the higher,more expensive ones and have a more realistic and comfortable feel to them and the black ones are for the cheaper kits and I think are made of rubber. They're supposed to be less responsive and dont feel as good.

But I was thinking that about the names the other day and I honestly don't know why they're called V-drums.
    jimbolimbo99 Mapex Mafia

Mapex M Birch
    Sabian AA and Paragons
    Zildjian A's
    Meinl Generation X
    Dream Lion
    Trick Pro-1V

My band

My Kit

User Info Menu

V drum is a trademark name for roland electronic drums and modules. I believe the V drum to mean Virtual drum but don't quote me on that it is just some bit of trivia lodged in my brain.

User Info Menu

the white ones are some kinda cloth materiel and the black is rubber
    MARCHING BANDS RULE

User Info Menu

cool thanks guys, I was mainly wondering if mabye there called V drums because of the white (more responsive) pad on the drum was there. Iv tried both the black rubber pads and the white pads, and the white pads so so much better.... How much would a 4 peice drum set cost with hi hat, single pedal ride and crash with the white pads on them cost?

User Info Menu

Somewhere around $3,295 for the V stage TD-12 S from interstate music. The white pads are a mesh type material that is more natural drum feeling. But they are also the most expensive. the hard rubber pads are hard on your hands after awhile. i did some recording on some and my hands ached the night after I had spent a couple of hours playing on them.

User Info Menu

3 grand.. seroiusly? dang. cratch that idea.

User Info Menu

Yeah, but they're probably worth it. From what I can gather, the higher end V-drum kits are superb in that they feel almost like an actual kit, but come with the percs of an electric. Unfortunetly I've never had the privelage to play on a higher end TD kit.
    http://www.drumchat.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3906&dateline=1196908  888
    "Did you hear that Robin? 'Were'. 'Were'! DON'T YOU EVER TALK TO ME LIKE THAT AGAIN! I'M BARRRY GIBB! I'LL PUT YOU IN THE GROUND! PUT-YOU-IN--THE-GROUND--YeaH!

User Info Menu

I have at a music store. 5 peice, Roland, with the white pads, it sounds incredible. and the feel is great! its kinda bouncy but it feels amazing!

User Info Menu

Yeah the feeling is certainly different from an acoustic set but it's pretty easy to get used to.

The reason most people (at least me) want an electric is the noise reduction by use of headphones, the different kits in the brain and the ease of recording compared to an acoustic is massive(ish)

I currently have a td12 fund which is sitting at £260.....yes it IS going to take a while
    jimbolimbo99 Mapex Mafia

Mapex M Birch
    Sabian AA and Paragons
    Zildjian A's
    Meinl Generation X
    Dream Lion
    Trick Pro-1V

My band

My Kit

User Info Menu

could u send me a pic of the td12, would yeah?

User Info Menu

Default TD 12 picture

bottom of the page. This is a TD 12 kit plus 1 tom and 1 cymbal extra

http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ums-26p18.html
    E Drums !! !

There are no loud instruments just loud players !

Protect Your Hearing !!!!

User Info Menu

Default Td 10

This is the td 10 kit i got after selling the td 12 i like it better and it cost less ( used)

E Drums !! !

There are no loud instruments just loud players !

Protect Your Hearing !!!!

User Info Menu

thanks for the pics dude. Im thinking of buying an eletric kit for myself. well iv been thinking about it for quite along time. what would you recommend me? I would totally go for a kit like the T10. id even be happy with 1 crash and just 3 toms, or even 2, depending on the price range. and I want some decend speakers, what will this cost? ahh soo much more to learn

User Info Menu

it depends what you are going to use the kit for, I have a cheap eletric kit with the rubber pads for practice but for any gigs I use my acoustic kit, if I was going to have to use an eletric kit for gigging aswell I would buy one with the white skins, but they do cost a hell of a lot more.

User Info Menu

Not all white pads are mesh. My pads are all made like practice pads, with actual drum heads over a sheet of foam and the trigger. White also doesn't necessarily mean quality... as my kit shows.
    Thats the way, uh huh, uh huh, I like it.