Thread: Air hose safety clip on snare wires??

User Info Menu

Default Air hose safety clip on snare wires??

I am looking to buy a Tama slp Maple G snare and saw this pic. Anyone ever seen or done this? Is there an advantage to doing this?

tama slp.jpg
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Default Re: Air hose safety clip on snare wires??

Those are quick release clips. I use them on ALL of my snare drums that I upgrade.
    This way you can quickly remove the snare wires to change the head without taking off the entire snare with straps and redoing it all.

It's ingenious and I love it.

Buy that G-Maple it's the greatest snare you'll own.
    You'll fall in love and never let it go.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    Those are quick release clips. I use them on ALL of my snare drums that I upgrade.
    This way you can quickly remove the snare wires to change the head without taking off the entire snare with straps and redoing it all.

It's ingenious and I love it.

Buy that G-Maple it's the greatest snare you'll own.
    You'll fall in love and never let it go.
    Hmmm cool I have never seen that before. I get the advantage to it but I thought maybe it would change the sound if it pulled the metal thru the slot a bit and touched the head but I guess not. Cool I have access to a bunch of these clips at work so will try a few out. I am negotiating on buying a brand new one with a case for $300?
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    Hmmm cool I have never seen that before. I get the advantage to it but I thought maybe it would change the sound if it pulled the metal thru the slot a bit and touched the head but I guess not. Cool I have access to a bunch of these clips at work so will try a few out. I am negotiating on buying a brand new one with a case for $300?
    I saw this on fleabay too and wondered what the clips were. I was eye balling that Tama G-Maple 7x13" but if you can find a new one go for it! $300 with a case is a good deal! Most I saw were running $329+.

User Info Menu

I just got one used in excellent condition and it sounds awesome. I haven't changed heads, added moongel or even tuned it. I will try that trick with the wires. $300 with case is a great price for a new one. They're up to $349 in some places.
    I agree with Zack, it's already my favorite snare!

Acoustic Kits:
    Ludwig Maple 3ply White Cortex 4 pc
    Rukus Mod Orange Club 4 pc
    DW Design 6 pc
    Tama Silverstar Limited Edition Mirage 5 pc
    Tama Superstar 5 pc
    Tama Rockstar 4 pc
    Gretsch Catalina Ash 4 pc

Slingerland 7 pc

Electronic Kits:
    Yamaha DTX532k
    Roland TD-27, Roland PD-85 (x4), PD-125, KD9, CY-8 (x2) VH-10, Lemon 15 and 18 cymbals
    Roland SPD-SX Sample Pad

Snares:
    Tama SLP Black Brass
    Tama SLP G Maple
    Rukus Santos/Bubinga/Poplar/Wenge
    Rukus Avodire/Maple/Mahogany
    1972 Ludwig Supraphonic

Hardware:
    Tama, DW, Yamaha and Sonor

Cymbals:
    Zildjian A Series, A Custom and K Custom

Microphones:
    Miktek, Audix and Shure

User Info Menu

Cool, just bought a new one for $316 + free shipping...I usually dont have good luck with Tama so I am really hoping this changes the string of bad luck I have had with them. Will let ya know when I get it in
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

User Info Menu

Cool, just bought a new one for $316 + free shipping...I usually dont have good luck with Tama so I am really hoping this changes the string of bad luck I have had with them. Will let ya know when I get it in
    Yeah I remember the issues you had with Tama. I hope you have better luck this time around.
    Last edited by late8; 02-15-2019 at 03:30 PM.

User Info Menu

I, too, hope you have better results than previously.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

The Puresound Custom Pro series use those quick release straps. You’ll also notice the marks on the straps like a tape measure. It’s a slick setup, but I’ve heard some complaints about the cotter pins slipping and messing with the tension.
    I have a set on one of my snares, but honestly, I hardly ever play it. I don’t care for the Puresound wires...they’re too “bright” for my taste.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    The Puresound Custom Pro series use those quick release straps. You’ll also notice the marks on the straps like a tape measure. It’s a slick setup, but I’ve heard some complaints about the cotter pins slipping and messing with the tension.
    I have a set on one of my snares, but honestly, I hardly ever play it. I don’t care for the Puresound wires...they’re too “bright” for my taste.

I agree, no Puresounds on any of my snares. I don't like the way they are designed. I'm old fashioned I guess, I have the string/twine waxed on all my snares. Don't care for the straps. Oh, well!

User Info Menu

Those are the same type of hair pin / cotter clips I need for my quick change riding snowblower / lawnmower! haha
    Those quick change snares are nice.
    Last edited by Olimpass; 02-14-2019 at 11:30 PM.

User Info Menu

I am looking to buy a Tama slp Maple G snare and saw this pic. Anyone ever seen or done this? Is there an advantage to doing this?

tama slp.jpg

Some PureSound Snare wires, all depending on their particular model, have these clips along with the special straps and the advantage is that its so easy to remove the snare wires if you need to make either a reso head change or a snare wire change.
    Yamaha Oak Custom 22x17 with Brass Kick Port, Brass Hoop Claws,10-12-14 racks, 16 Floor and all toms have Brass Hoops and a Tama Starclassic Bubinga Elite 14x6.5 snare in Quilted Mocha Burst and Black Nickel hardware. All hi-end Zildjian Cymbals - K Dark Thin crashes & splashes, a Zildjian A crash & a Meinl 16" crash, Avedis Zildjian 1964 ride, K Custom hats plus New Beat hats on Closed X-Hat.

If a Man offends thee - - give each of his children a Drum~~~!!!

User Info Menu

WOW, really impressed with this snare right out of the box...I tightened it up about 2 full turns top and bottom and man it sings.. really nice crack with a small over ring but does not sustain like most other snares do.. Surprising. Beautiful looking drum as well, love the lugs plus it looks really nice with my Saturn Espresso's.

Will take it on my next gig in 2 weeks, and see how she does.

20190224_111038.jpg
    20190224_111055.jpg
    20190224_111237.jpg
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

User Info Menu

i told you you wouldn't regret it!

This snare is truly just amazing!