Thread: looking for an extra long cymbal boom arm

User Info Menu

Default looking for an extra long cymbal boom arm

Hey I’m looking for an extra long cymbal boom arm. The longest cymbal arm that I’ve found so far is 22” long (not including the tilt) from DW (DWSM912L). Would need to fit in standard cymbal stand, 1/2" round diameter boom arm. Are there any other cymbal boom arms that are longer or around the same length? Or companies that make extra long boom arms?

Thanks!

User Info Menu

Default Re: looking for an extra long cymbal boom arm

Do you care the brand or age?! I have some older telescoping boom arms from the 90s that I don't use.
    But I'm a hoarder and never throw away or sell parts haha so they are just sitting in my basement.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by danklim View Post
    Hey I’m looking for an extra long cymbal boom arm. The longest cymbal arm that I’ve found so far is 22” long (not including the tilt) from DW (DWSM912L). Would need to fit in standard cymbal stand, 1/2" round diameter boom arm. Are there any other cymbal boom arms that are longer or around the same length? Or companies that make extra long boom arms?

Thanks!
    The issue with long boom arms is the need to counterweight it so the stand won't fall over. DW tried to solve this issue with the DWSM2030. This will work for any 1/2" diameter boom cymbol arm but you're still limited to the reach of the actual boom section:

$49.00 USD

User Info Menu

Good luck with that late! I think I came to a conclusion with my stand dilemma and I ordered a Gibraltar GSVMS like what Kevanruka has. Totally makes sense to me mixing cymbal stands with the rack mount, keeping the cymbal stand leg clutter off the floor and having a very stable foundation. Lots of options opened up for me doing this.