Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Building a Drum Room

User Info Menu

Default Re: Building a Drum Room

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    I've made the joke to my wife maybe I should have built the garage and started my own drum flip company.
    Cailyn didn't take it as a joke. She thinks that you should start on that garage posthaste!!!
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

newest update!

User Info Menu

As soon as I saw this, I went and got some scotch, sat back down, and watched you do your thing.

How I do love to watch other people work.

I think I'll go play my drums in my soundproof room that came with the house.
    Last edited by rickthedrummer; 08-14-2019 at 12:16 AM.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

hahahaha! Nice Rick, I'm glad I could help entertain

Gee Pou Guest

You are quite the DIY man. Great job and it is well done no corners cut and shows you are a perfectionist. Once done you can relax, play your drums and admire your work.

User Info Menu

Zack, you are more entertaining than you will ever know.

VAE VICTIS

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Wow Zack! Reading through this thread from the beginning has been fun. It's been mostly fun because it wasn't me that was doing it. Can't wait to see it all finished. Lol
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Electrifying....oh wait.

Too soon?
    Signature here

User Info Menu

i'm super stoked! They are finishing sanding today and bringing over the texture gun!

They plan on finishing the room today! Then I'll add a subfloor and a door and trim!!

User Info Menu

I can't imagine how stoked you must be Zack. Can't wait to see the finished product!
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

User Info Menu

Finally got the drywall finished, textured, primed and painted.

User Info Menu

Noah built the ark, rode out the flood, then went and watched the Egyptians build the pyramids at Giza in less time than it's taking you to build this room. I'm hoping that you get it finished before I'm in Depends or an urn.

By the way, the Egyptians didn't use shims, oh, yeah, another thought: if the bubble in the level isn't between the lines, it probably isn't level.

Something to ponder.

VAE VICTIS

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    newest update!
    I do a lot of drywall work , i have my own painting business and in the past few years I started doing drywall as well. You did all the hard work and hired out the fun. The mudding is the fun part, sanding on the other hand sucks. I always do 3 thin coats of mud , minimal sanding. Looks great.
    Last edited by NPYYZ; 08-12-2019 at 03:56 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    Noah built the ark, rode out the flood, then went and watched the Egyptians build the pyramids at Giza in less time than it's taking you to build this room. I'm hoping that you get it finished before I'm in Depends or an urn.

By the way, the Egyptians didn't use shims, oh, yeah, another thought: if the bubble in the level isn't between the lines, it probably isn't level.

Something to ponder.
    yeah I've ran out of funds.... so the room is coming very slowly lol

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NPYYZ View Post
    I do a lot of drywall work , i have my own painting business and in the past few years I started doing drywall as well. You did all the hard work and hired out the fun. The mudding is the fun part, sanding on the other hand sucks. I always do 3 thin coats of mud , minimal sanding. Looks great.
    I tell you what... the mudding is something I have no desire to do what so ever.

User Info Menu

I have to admit that that is a good picture of Spaz attempting to electrocute himself.

For those that have noticed, Spaz has spent so much on snare drums and the room (every time I see 1 of his videos, I keep hearing "If I were a carpenter" playing in the background) that he can't afford to buy pants that reach his shoes.

VAE VICTIS

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    I'm hoping that you get it finished before I'm in Depends or an urn.
    The picture of you in Depends.... oh my!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    The picture of you in Depends.... oh my!

Tom, you aren't supposed to picture me in Depends. You are supposed to picture me with Jennifer Lawrence or Brie Larson.

By the way, there is a picture of Brie Larson in a bikini from a GQ pictorial that, if the unknown masked man, hadn't removed the "Hot Girls" thread, would have made a great addition to it.

VAE VICTIS

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Music room is still on hold but this room is FINALLY drywalled. Time to mud it!

User Info Menu

Well done!!! It's looking great!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Man, I hate to sound like some kind of nut (too late!), but in Music Room Part 5 (post #61), beginning at approximately 8:00 minutes in, I can distinctly hear a very demonic-sounding, whispered voice in the background. To make sure that I wasn't hearing something else, I had my wife listen to it too, and she heard it plainly. I can't distinctly make out the words, but before I start trying to decipher what is being said, I MUST know -

DO ANY OF YOU HEAR WHAT I'M HEARING HERE??????

Let me know if you hear it, too. And, no, I'm not joking. I can hear a man whispering on Zach's video. I've never heard anything like that before. Wierd.

GeeDeeEmm

User Info Menu

hahaha probably the voices saying just one more drum Zack.... one more drumset... one more snare... the wife will never know....

User Info Menu

Just to make sure that it wasn't an anomolie of some kind, I just went back to the section and sure enough - at the 8:00 mark and following through that section there is a very low voice whispering something that I can't make out. Did you listen to that section? It is very wierd.

GeeDeeEmm

User Info Menu

I know it feels like this will never end... haven't done any updates in forever but I repoured the concrete floors with new self leveling concrete and then laid down a dri-core subfloor. Now I finally have doors!

User Info Menu

Have you gotten lost in the vast maze of door and room options, yet?
    Signature here