Thread: Hello. I'm new to the forum. A little intro message.

User Info Menu

Smile Hello. I'm new to the forum. A little intro message.

Hi my all first post on a drum forum.
    I'm a guitarist and I suppose a lapsed drummer. I started off on the drums. I was one of those kids that wouldn’t stop finger drumming and irritated the hell out of people!

I took some percussion lessons at school aged about 10 and did the usual dull orchestra type stuff. I joined a drum corps marching band because they let you take drums home. That was fun. I used to take part in marching band competitions and all that. I got into jazz and big band because the drums were good.. Still one of my favourite albums is the 1966 Drum Spectacular album by Kenny Clare And Ronnie Stephenson. Superb playing and tight gig band.

My drum playing was always "odd". I'm right handed and I play aright handed kit but lead with my left hand and play open hand style. I can't seem to play another way
    I took up the guitar aged 12 after getting into the Jam and the Clash and for while combined the two, but I found it more exciting jumping about with the guitar. I played in bands for years trying to make it.

I'm 53, live in South London I still play in a band, write songs and I make guitars too.

A few years ago I bought a kit for my son to learn on. He gave up, but I still Have it, I enjoy playing it when the house is empty. like to just play various funky and rock beats with simple fills. Just get a groove really, I'm not good enough to doing much more than that and I've got no drummer stamina, but I still enjoy playing for an hour every now and then.

My kit is a super -compact Premier Cabria Lite-Be-Bop. Double braced hardware, 7ply Mahogany shell construction. 12" x 9" tom 14" x 14" floor tom 18" x 16" kick 14" x 5.5" snare, I upgraded the bass drum pedal, snare traps, it has nice Ambassador heads, decent Zildjian Titianium hats and ride, Sabian Crash. It's well-tuned and sounds and plays pretty good.
    My favourite drummers include, Billy Cobham, Lenny White, Ian Paice, John Bonham, Kenny Clare, Art Blakey, Buddy Rich, Dennis Chambers, Manu Katche, Clyde Stubblefield, Stanton Moore, Tony Williams, Steve Gadd, Dave Weckl.

I'm going to put up a separate thread post advertising for a drummer (London based) for my pop/rock.amercana band, Bittermoon.

Cheers

Kit pic:

User Info Menu

Default Re: Hello. I'm new to the forum. A little intro message.

Welcome to Drum Chat rze99. I am glad you are here.

User Info Menu

Welcome fam
    "The chances of being attacked and killed by a terrorist are less than the chances of being attacked and killed by your own heart"
    Carrying the message to Garcia. Today and everyday.
    Temple Beth Snare Buzz-Head Rabbi

User Info Menu

Welcome to the forum rze99.

User Info Menu

Welcome................and to London I say a Southern Hello from the Mississippi Delta.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Welcome to our drumming family. Kick off your shoes and stay awhile!

User Info Menu

welcome to DrumChat!

User Info Menu

Welcome to the forum!

User Info Menu

Welcome!
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals