Thread: Current Active Users

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

Default Current Active Users

Hey everyone,
    A few of you commented recently on the 'Current Active Users' count at the bottom of the homepage (I closed that thread and opened here). Please know that, while that is certainly one indicator of forum activity, it is not the only factor. Drum Chat remains one of the most popular, visited drum forums on the net. At this very moment there are 189 users online. That said, there is definitely a new dynamic now regarding online chat sites with most participation activity happening through Facebook groups instead of forums. It's just the new normal. Facebook, Google and Amazon domination has changed the landscape of many platforms throughout the country affecting businesses and communities everywhere (not all positively). One might then say, "but DrumsRule.com forum has 87 'Current Active Users' while DrumChat might only have 2 at that given time". Yes, but that same forum had 700 active users this time 5 years ago while DrumChat's was significantly higher as well. They might be a more popular forum overall but don't think they haven't lost participation as well. This dynamic shift is being felt everywhere, in many industries.

Most importantly and on behalf of Drum Bum, I want to personally express my appreciation to those who 'give back' to this long-standing forum by posting comments and helping other drummers. Many come through here and they take information they need but they do not contribute or give back in any way. YOU, however, are the reason we're still here and why we still have activity. I just want to thank each and every one of you that have stuck around and continue to make this forum feel like a family to us. We truly appreciate you!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Current Active Users

I know I posted one of those but it wasn't to be offensive. I don't recall but I'm usually on when most people are sleeping. I keep odd hours, yah but!

Drummer is right, all sites are "quieter" than they used to be. I believe overall forum use is down but I don't think FB or other social media will take over completely. Too much attitude, politics, keyboard warriors and much other disrespect goes on with little moderation.

As long as there are drummers, there's a place for forums.

Plus, I have no life. Drumming on weekends, working on weekdays, foruming in between. Life's a Beech Custom Absolute until you Recording Custom out.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Plus, I have no life. Drumming on weekends, working on weekdays, foruming in between. Life's a Beech Custom Absolute until you Recording Custom out.
    Ha! Too funny!

User Info Menu

I enjoy this forum...and I really Appreciate the fact that the most controversial subjects that get discussed are how to tune drums and if Ringo is a good drummer, LOL.
    I’m a pretty opinionated person when it comes to politics, religion and social issues. It’s nice to have a place where such topics are typically not discussed. It’s a break from the stress of a complicated world.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

I enjoy spending the time here.
    I think my favorite is how personal things have gotten and how we've all really gotten to know each other.

User Info Menu