Thread: Rain on the weekends

User Info Menu

Default Rain on the weekends

Please tell me I am not the only one who has had outdoor gigs canceled due to weather for the past three weeks! Man, it is frustrating. It will be blue skies and nice weather Monday-Friday, but the past few weekends have had rain. We are expecting severe weather tomorrow, so yet another gig canceled.
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Re: Rain on the weekends

No one around here plans outdoor gigs until May. Even then, it’s “dicey” at best in terms of weather. Memorial weekend ALWAYS rains.
    We always play for our town’s outdoor “RibFest” the 3rd weekend in June. The average draw is between 1500 to 1800 people. We’ve played every year since its inception 7yrs ago...and EVERY year it rains up until a couple hours before it starts, LOL. I sign a contract with the city; if the event is canceled due to weather, we still get paid.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    No one around here plans outdoor gigs until May. Even then, it’s “dicey” at best in terms of weather. Memorial weekend ALWAYS rains.
    We always play for our town’s outdoor “RibFest” the 3rd weekend in June. The average draw is between 1500 to 1800 people. We’ve played every year since its inception 7yrs ago...and EVERY year it rains up until a couple hours before it starts, LOL. I sign a contract with the city; if the event is canceled due to weather, we still get paid.
    We have a festival we are playing in June that has a contract like that. If it is cancelled on their end for any reason we get 1/2 of what the contract states we get for playing the show.
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

The almanac called for a rainier season than normal. Saw it on one of the major news stations. I talked to a friend out in Northern California and she said it rained for 3 weeks straight!

User Info Menu

I'm right below you in LA and it's been raining pretty steady since last August. Not in inches but in frequency. Tonight the same front moving through your area is hitting ours as well although not as hard.

They even cancelled all bands for our annual Blue Festival today ...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dangermoney View Post
    I'm right below you in LA and it's been raining pretty steady since last August. Not in inches but in frequency. Tonight the same front moving through your area is hitting ours as well although not as hard.

They even cancelled all bands for our annual Blue Festival today ...
    I was supposed to play a festival in Monroe last weekend. It was pushed off until May.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrumWhipper View Post
    I was supposed to play a festival in Monroe last weekend. It was pushed off until May.
    Are you in NC?
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrumWhipper View Post
    Yeah, they got hit pretty bad yesterday ...