Thread: Anybody ever try a snaareport?

User Info Menu

Default Anybody ever try a snaareport?

I have an Aquarian Reflector on my Ludwig Black Magic, and even though it looks pretty cool on that snare, I'm not crazy about the double ply heads on my snare drums. I like the Evans HD dry better. I do have the Rick' popsicle stick ' method on the under side of the batter. I was still getting too much ringing overtones than I wanted. So instead of sticking moongels on top I thought I'd try a snare port to tame the ringing down some. It actually work's! lol. Just experimenting around, woudn't use it as a common practice.DSC01948.jpg
    Last edited by drummerMD; 04-22-2019 at 03:55 AM.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Anybody ever try a snaareport?

No... that just scares me because I crank my snares pretty tight and I would just blow through snare drum heads with that little guy in there.

I did play a gig with a drummer who had a port on EVERY SINGLE Batter head and he swore by them also.

User Info Menu

Toyed with one a while back. Scared me to death for the above reason.May try it again at a practice but never live for fear of the skin going through
    The Varukers.

User Info Menu

Between flat wrists and now a snare port, for some reason it brings to mind George Carlin. I have tried Jim Beam and a girl with Titian Red hair. A little Jim Beam and I thought her hair was on fire. Most interesting night. 1 does have to sit back and judge these thinks accordingly.

As for the popsicle stick. On some snare drums it might be closer to the rim than on other snare drums. The 1 on my Black Beauty SS is about 1 1/4" long and about 2" from the rim. On my Black Magic, the stick is about 1 3/4" long and about 2 1/2" from the rim. It has to be between where your hands fall.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS