Thread: Woodstick

User Info Menu

Default Woodstick

Any you guys know about this? I remember seeing something about it years back and just now saw they're doing it again. Not only a fun drumming event but for a great cause. Love the name!

https://thesubtimes.com/2019/04/29/d...-homelessness/

User Info Menu

Default Re: Woodstick

man that would be LOUD!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    man that would be LOUD!
    That's the first thing I thought of. That and the fact that half the room probably didn't wear ear protection and don't realize the amount of damage it could do to their hearing. But I'm an old guy, what do I know.

User Info Menu

Tom, us old guys are exactly the ones most aware of hearing loss. Not to mention tinnitus which many of us hear all too well.
    Woodstick is a fun concept and one I've fantasized about before. Not in a record setting context but just a sort of cosmic event. As cool as it would be to have that many kits/players together at once, I'd personally find it difficult to get started with the equipment relocation...

User Info Menu

That was pretty cool. I wonder if the "groove" was written out as a drum tab?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by noreastbob View Post
    Tom, us old guys are exactly the ones most aware of hearing loss. Not to mention tinnitus which many of us hear all too well.
    Woodstick is a fun concept and one I've fantasized about before. Not in a record setting context but just a sort of cosmic event. As cool as it would be to have that many kits/players together at once, I'd personally find it difficult to get started with the equipment relocation...
    What did you say Bob?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    man that would be LOUD!
    Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    That's the first thing I thought of. That and the fact that half the room probably didn't wear ear protection and don't realize the amount of damage it could do to their hearing. But I'm an old guy, what do I know.
    Zack and Tom truly amaze me! Who else would have even considered the fact that IT MIGHT BE FREAKIN' LOUD.

You do realize that only 1 drummer was actually in time. All the rest were not.

They have to get TOP SECRET DRUM CORPS, to show them how to play in unison

Imagine if the person sitting right in the middle of that cacophony suddenly got the runs. THAT would be fun to watch.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Do you have to have a wood stick in your ear lobe ?
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

That is awesome. I'm speaking with a group of guys in my area about doing something like this here. We live in a poverty stricken area, and there are kids who struggle to pay for school lunches. We may try to do something to help with this situation in our area.
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post

Yep, that there is wood. Looks like it might have a small or large knot in it, depends on the size of that there piece of wood.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    Yep, that there is wood. Looks like it might have a small or large knot in it, depends on the size of that there piece of wood.
    Apparently the meaning is elusive?
    Signature here