Thread: Slinky trips

User Info Menu

Default Slinky trips

I've thought about doing a thread like this for awhile. Not really drum or band related just trips and travels that my girlfriend n I go on.

Might post some past stuff and stuff that's happening now. Will have to edit in pics as i go.

So off we go.

My mom is visiting this week and today were going to the Chateau Elan Winery in Braselton, GA for the tour n taste.

I'm no wine snob but being from California makes you kind of wine spoiled with Napa Valley and Sonoma. It's beautiful out there.
    Last edited by slinky; 05-01-2019 at 08:00 PM.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Default Re: Slinky trips

From the thread title I thought it might be a bunch of snippet type videos of you tripping over something.

Imagine my disappointment.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

ThunderBird, aged since 10:15 this morning.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

I like the video idea haha ... Thunderbird? Is that the 7-11 $4.99 a gallon wine?
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slinky View Post
    I like the video idea haha ... Thunderbird? Is that the 7-11 $4.99 a gallon wine?
    No that's Ripple...

User Info Menu

Ok the tour n taste was pretty good.. I enjoyed it more than i thought i would.

The guide said they get their grapes from California (go figure) .. the soil in GA has a lot of clay in it. Just not good soil to grow grapes. But it's good for band names like Red Dirt Mountain

He said they get their barrels from France and that is where a lot of the different tastes come from. While the wine is fermenting in the oak it is drawing flavor from the oak. $1200 for 1 empty oak barrel.

The sampling was good too. I learned the best way to sample wine. We tried 6 different wines and left with 4 bottles. 3 are on the cheaper side and the other is pretty good. $45 for the bottle.

Will get a few pics up when i get home.
    Last edited by slinky; 05-01-2019 at 08:04 PM.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Chateau Elan Winery Brazelton, GA

wine3.jpg

wine5.jpg
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

oak barrels from France for the wine. $1200 a pop

wine2.jpg

wine4.jpg
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

So this product has absolutely nothing to do with Georgia.

I'm enough of a wine snob to tell everyone that every single winery I've visited (a lot of them) that was not in Napa/Sonoma was not near as good.
    There is one or two in Oregon that I really like -- but California has it down.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

We have a ton of wineries here in VA. I've played a lot of them.

User Info Menu

Chateau Elan Winery Brazelton, GA

wine5.jpg

Haha! I see what you did there.

Rick.....
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Haha! I see what you did there.

Rick.....
    SSSSSSHHHHHHHHH have to make sure that Tom doesn't see it. He will have me sent to a drummers rehab program where I will have to play paradiddles in 3.14 time.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

LoL this thread is getting better with age ..

Ricardo..I didn't know that wine peaks and should be opened before it turns into vinegar. He said a if you have a bottle from around the late 80's or 90's now would be a good time to open it and pour it through a coffee filter...
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Reminds me of the movie “A Walk in the Clouds”. I’m not a Keanu Reeves fan (in fact I usually avoid his movies), but it’s actually a pretty good movie.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

I forgot about this thread that I started.. i'm kind of lazy... if i try to post a pic from this Walmart phone i have they always post sideways or upside down so can't do it on the fly.

Went to a Falcons Redskins pre season game last Thursday night here at Mercedes Benz Stadium...

Good seats in section 211 right above 40 yard line... i like football ... grew up watching it playing it ... probably like the old days more .. the way it used to be played. It's good that it's safer now though.

But it was great that i had my binoculars with me. Always bring them to anything i go to and recommended. I can say this about football in person... and that is... It's better on tv.. at least for me. I can't see how people would want to spend 30 40k on PSL's (season tickets)

The only sport i like in person is hockey. Even in the nosebleed section i use to sit in when i went to all those Thrasher games. Just a lot more excitement. Football goes like this.. run a play then stand around, run a play then stand around, run a play stand around longer during commercial break... for 3 hrs.
    Last edited by slinky; 08-24-2019 at 05:54 PM.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Well we like wine barrels too. these are located in the basement of a synagogue in a little Tuscany town by the name of Pitigliano. what a vintage!
    Synagogue wine barrels pitigliano2.jpg

User Info Menu

Currently sitting in MSP on our way to Mt. Rushmore. Will post pics when they become available. Want to see it before something happens to it. Never know these days.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Currently sitting in MSP on our way to Mt. Rushmore. Will post pics when they become available. Want to see it before something happens to it. Never know these days.
    So true. I'll tell you what, if you go try to time it with a tour. The information is amazing and hopefully rekindles the American Spirit. It's being lost in society today. I was there in an evening presentation and the lighting used was spectacular. Of course that was 1990. I'm sure they've stepped up their game since then. Well worth the time. Do go see, though. It's impressive. That and the Indian chief being cut out of the stone, as well. (forget the name) Lot's of cool stuff in South Dakota. The Black Hills are something else. The sculptures along the highways and Wall Drug are a must see. lol

Have fun.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Wow what a great trip. The monument is awesome. You're right Bish it is a must see place. The Indian museum and rock sculpture is Crazy Horse. We went there after Mt Rushmore. We didn't take any guided tours but still was great. My recommendation it to go during one of the off peak months. Smaller crowds etc.

Arrival
    IMG_0992.jpg

IMG_1010.jpg
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Here is an Indian drum and it's description at the Crazy Horse monument

IMG_1158.jpg

imagejpeg_0.jpg
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

At the Monument

IMG_1064.jpg

IMG_1067.jpg
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Well done. I'm glad you got the experience.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Hey all, we've been in Alaska the last few days visiting grandkids. I've always wanted to come here and it hasn't disappointed. Beautiful place. Grandkids' father is in the Army. He's stationed up here for the time being.

Bad phone camera but you get the idea. The mountains were on the way up to a lookout point. We went up pretty high. Neighborhood pics, the moose was on the sidewalk going to their house.

20240219_155144.jpg

20240219_155419.jpg

20240219_094143.jpg
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Cannot get the moose pic to post right. So here it is upside down

20240220_135101.jpg
    Last edited by slinky; 02-20-2024 at 04:54 PM.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN