Thread: New set of ears on the way

User Info Menu

Default New set of ears on the way

I have a set of the pink and blue ZST's that I got from a friend a while back, but I seem to have a kid who likes to use them. So, I ordered these today. I also ordered the upgraded cables and the memory foam earbud tips.

[ commercial link removed. please see forum rules]
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Re: New set of ears on the way

DW..you're gonna get banned again!

User Info Menu

Oh shoot. I went for the link.

IBTL
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Banned again? Thanks goodness for temporary banishment!

User Info Menu

I forgot about the rule regarding posting links. My bad!

With that being said, they came in yesterday, and I'm very impressed with them. Low end is good, mids and highs are spot on. I did get the upgraded cable and memory foam buds. I'm very happy with these and will be using them moving forward.
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Congratulations on the ear buds you got from somewhere on the internet. Oh and Nice try posting the link to try and trick me but I will never search for them because I am all about drum bum buddy! If they don't have the ear buds I want then I just wont have ear buds.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    Congratulations on the ear buds you got from somewhere on the internet. Oh and Nice try posting the link to try and trick me but I will never search for them because I am all about drum bum buddy! If they don't have the ear buds I want then I just wont have ear buds.
    It's not about that MDK. I've been moderating this forum for them for years and the only real job I have is to keep the spam out. You would not believe the amount of spam that comes through. Most of you never see it but there are constantly individuals that sign up so that they can post their commercial links for free. Their posts must be approved in the beginning so they never come through. We just delete their account. But over the last few years many manufacturers and companies are encouraging their endorsers and/or customers post commercial reviews and links in forums and of course they benefit. It not only undermines the integrity of the forum but it's a blatant disregard for the rules of the forum and an attempt to get free advertising through this forum that Drum Bum pays hosting and maintenance for, not to mention my salary.

Removing a commercial link is not an attack on the poster as we cannot know their motivation for posting. Most of the time it is an innocent post and just sharing helpful information with fellow drummers and they may forget about the 'no commercial links' rule. But when we see a pattern of disregard to the forum rules, we can only assume they have ulterior motives for being here and will ban that user for repeated abuse.

My hope is that you will see the larger picture and not let your cynicism get the best of you. I'm still with Drum Bum after all these years because I like their integrity and the way they do business. It is impossible to please everyone but I think they do a pretty good job considering they do not charge anyone to be here or to participate.

I hope this sheds some light on the matter. We value every member in this forum but you'll rarely find a company that offers a free service like this (including free classifieds!) that doesn't have some sort of rules and guidelines to follow as well. Personally, I think they're reasonable but if you don't, there are any number of forums you can join that may be more of what you're looking for. I would hate to see you go but understand if you prefer something different.

User Info Menu

Tom:
    I really appreciate you taking the time to provide that explanation -- it helps in understanding the issue completely and from the POV of Drum Bum.
    Your statement below (IMO) hits the bull's eye...........................
    "Most of the time it is an innocent post and just sharing helpful information with fellow drummers and they may forget about the 'no commercial links' rule."
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    Tom:
    I really appreciate you taking the time to provide that explanation -- it helps in understanding the issue completely and from the POV of Drum Bum.
    Your statement below (IMO) hits the bull's eye...........................
    "Most of the time it is an innocent post and just sharing helpful information with fellow drummers and they may forget about the 'no commercial links' rule."
    That's right Ricardo and it's worth noting that we rarely ban anyone because we know that a lot of people simply forget.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    It's not about that MDK. I've been moderating this forum for them for years and the only real job I have is to keep the spam out. You would not believe the amount of spam that comes through. Most of you never see it but there are constantly individuals that sign up so that they can post their commercial links for free. Their posts must be approved in the beginning so they never come through. We just delete their account. But over the last few years many manufacturers and companies are encouraging their endorsers and/or customers post commercial reviews and links in forums and of course they benefit. It not only undermines the integrity of the forum but it's a blatant disregard for the rules of the forum and an attempt to get free advertising through this forum that Drum Bum pays hosting and maintenance for, not to mention my salary.

Removing a commercial link is not an attack on the poster as we cannot know their motivation for posting. Most of the time it is an innocent post and just sharing helpful information with fellow drummers and they may forget about the 'no commercial links' rule. But when we see a pattern of disregard to the forum rules, we can only assume they have ulterior motives for being here and will ban that user for repeated abuse.

My hope is that you will see the larger picture and not let your cynicism get the best of you. I'm still with Drum Bum after all these years because I like their integrity and the way they do business. It is impossible to please everyone but I think they do a pretty good job considering they do not charge anyone to be here or to participate.

I hope this sheds some light on the matter. We value every member in this forum but you'll rarely find a company that offers a free service like this (including free classifieds!) that doesn't have some sort of rules and guidelines to follow as well. Personally, I think they're reasonable but if you don't, there are any number of forums you can join that may be more of what you're looking for. I would hate to see you go but understand if you prefer something different.
    This post is a shining example of diplomacy folks. Thanks for taking the time to peel back a few layers of the "onion" Tom. It's why I've stuck around for the last 10 years

User Info Menu

Total win on post #10.

My sentiments, too, Rich.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Thanks for that explanation Tom. Never truly understood the reasoning behind the rule.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    Thanks for that explanation Tom. Never truly understood the reasoning behind the rule.
    No problem, thanks for your understanding.