Thread: Needing a throw off

User Info Menu

Default Needing a throw off

So I purchased an Orange County snare from Guitar Center several months ago, along with the pro coverage warranty. Today the throw off broke on it. They are sending me a check to cover the cost of the snare, and said I do not have to turn the drum back in - I can keep it. I do like the snare so I want to get it fixed. So, with that being said, what would be a good replacement throw off for it that will hold up better?
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Re: Needing a throw off

Quote Originally Posted by DrumWhipper View Post
    So I purchased an Orange County snare from Guitar Center several months ago, along with the pro coverage warranty. Today the throw off broke on it. They are sending me a check to cover the cost of the snare, and said I do not have to turn the drum back in - I can keep it. I do like the snare so I want to get it fixed. So, with that being said, what would be a good replacement throw off for it that will hold up better?
    Trick or INDe I know you can get the INDe throw in nickel or black chrome and hole adjustment up to 2.5". OCDP is horizontal You're out of luck there. Replacement possible through dfd. They used to sell them but no more.
    Last edited by drummerMD; 05-05-2019 at 05:01 PM.

User Info Menu

IIRC, yours has black chrome?
    I agree...I’d start with Drum Factory Direct.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Yes, mine has the black chrome.
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

I'd also say the Trick or Inde

I've used both several times for several snares