Thread: Then i forgot to ....

User Info Menu

Default Then i forgot to ....

So you're at the show setting up.. getting all the stands just where they need to be drums where they need to be everything looks good ... off you go into the first song of the set and bam! You forgot to....

My most recent was last time we played.. first song and my snare was off lol... hey it happens
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Default Re: Then i forgot to ....

played last saturday... forgot to bring a throne lol
    son of a gun....

User Info Menu

....forgot to use the bathroom. Happens almost every gig. Sucks getting old. The “window of opportunity” closes a little more each year, LOL. If it ever came down to it, I WOULD get up and leave the stage in the middle of the set. I don’t care. Bodily functions take precedent, and the alternative is not worth it!
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Left my whole trapcase at home one time. Not recommended! LOL

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    ....forgot to use the bathroom. Happens almost every gig. Sucks getting old. The “window of opportunity” closes a little more each year, LOL. If it ever came down to it, I WOULD get up and leave the stage in the middle of the set. I don’t care. Bodily functions take precedent, and the alternative is not worth it!
    Right? You've got to drink water to stay hydrated but...

User Info Menu

Man i hate leaving stuff behind. I left my cymbal bag once . Luckily our guitar player lived close by the club and had a set of cymbals at home he let me use.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

When 1 sets up for a gig, I assume that 1 performs a sound check. At said sound check 1 should notice if anything is missing, like the drum set itself or various parts of said drum set.

I never forgot anything (it's hard to forget something if all your stuff is in a truck outside) I did, however, pour my Cheerios on a plate once and only realized when I went to pour milk on them. There was kind of a reason for that which I shall not go into here.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Rick, I was 4 hours from home. That was one of the worst gig experiences ever. We had to call all over town looking for a drummer that had extra gear. We were over 2 hours late getting started.

User Info Menu

Weather forecast called for "Hot and Sunny" with 100+ degree temps.

Then I forgot to load the pop up awning...

User Info Menu

i had no drumsticks....very weird, i think i used a different case for a different kit...had a pair in the car for such awesome emergencies...i knew about it b4 i sat behind the kit though. Now that I think about it, there's no emergency pair in the car right now..ahhh it'll never happen again, right? lol best i get to the car!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Rick, I was 4 hours from home. That was one of the worst gig experiences ever. We had to call all over town looking for a drummer that had extra gear. We were over 2 hours late getting started.

Betcha that never happened again.
    All our equipment was either on a stage or in the truck. If we weren't gigging, nothing came out of the truck except guitars, I had a set of Rogers drums in our rehearsal studio, so none of my drums had to come out of the truck.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

1983 hopped in the truck , drove from Maine to Vermont ,helped the sound and light guys set up lights and P.A. Set up my kit but I had left my snare drum at home. I had taken it out of the truck to put new heads on and left it sitting on my kitchen table. Fortunately the dude at the local drum shop was a very cool guy and let me use a snare no charge for the week.
    Last edited by NPYYZ; 05-11-2019 at 06:17 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    Betcha that never happened again.
    No, from that moment on, I double and triple checked everything, made lists, checked again and again, ad nauseum. LOL

User Info Menu

Last September we were playing a show about an hour away, set the kit up and went to the trailer for the cymbals....................NONE! Left them at home, luckily, the show was out side and rained out. Man was i mad at myself.
    1976 Tama Imperialstar Saturn 12+1 Platina6,8,10,12,13,14,15,16 concert toms, 16, 18 floor toms, 2-22x18 Bass drums.
    1971 5x14 Ludwig acrolite snare
    Tama metalworks snare 13x6
    DW collectors Maple Blue Glass7x8, 8x10, 9x12 rack toms, 11x14, 13x16 hanging toms, 18x23 bass, 8 and 12 timbale toms, 5.5x10 Ten and Six All Maple snare, 5.5x14 Supersolid snare, DW 9000 rack system, DW 5002 Double bass pedal, DW 5000 Hi-Hat stand, DW 9000 Snare stand.
    Sabian Xs20 cymbals: 16 & 18 crash, 20 ride, 14 hats, 8 splash, 18 china.
    Zildjian cymbals: 21 ride, 15 hats. All '70's era.

User Info Menu

Drove from Tucson to San Diego for a show sans cymbals. Doh! I didn't do my checklist. The other bands drummer was very cool and graciously let me play his after a good round of jabs. Lesson: Cymbals on hand beat uber expensive cymbals left at home every time. Rick I find it hard to believe you've never (Johnny Walker) forgotten anything

Collectors Black Ice Finishply
    10x8,12x9,15x12,16x14,20x18,24x16
    14X6 Collectors 10 and 6 snare Natural Satin
    14x8 Collectors Black Nickel over Brass

User Info Menu

One of the reasons I love having a separate and complete “gig” and “practice” setup. Everything we gig with (including our PA system and amps) is stored on shelving in a specific room. When it’s time to load, everything is packed, ready, and gets loaded. When we’re done, everything goes back on the shelves, ready for next time.
    If we had a trailer or dedicated van (and an indoor place to park it), it would be awesome.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Forgetting to use the bathroom is 1 thing, forgetting that there is such a thing as a bathroom could cause problems on a massive scale.

VAE VICTIS

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Forgetting to use the bathroom is 1 thing, forgetting that there is such a thing as a bathroom could cause problems on a massive scale.

VAE VICTIS

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    He said scale. Bathroom scale? Weight. Can't wait. Waste gate.....wait, what was the question?
    Signature here

User Info Menu

"Rick I find it hard to believe you've never (Johnny Walker) forgotten anything"

1st band 1961. I played from then to 1965 when I went into the service (Nov. 17th, 1965, to be exact) I honestly don't remember ever forgetting anything. Is it possible that I did, oh hell yeah. It's just that I don't remember, we are talking over 50+ years ago.

In '72, after the husband-wife band I was in imploded and the bass player and I put our own band together, it was obvious from the start that we were going to need a truck. Once a truck was bought, as I mentioned before, it's hard to forget something when all your stuff is outside in the truck.

1 last thing. During gigs, I never drank scotch. I might have a beer during breaks, but never liquor. After the gig I might have some scotch, but never before or during.

VAE VICTIS

WILL ROGERS