Thread: Front row for Dennis Chambers last night!

User Info Menu

Default Front row for Dennis Chambers last night!

Had the great privilege of getting to see Dennis Chambers in his new band Moshulu (Oz Noy, Jeff Berlin, and David Sancious) last night at a venue around an hour and a half from me. Took my son and my drum instructor also went with us. Walked in and found out that the tickets my instructor ordered (which we thought were going to be a side table) were front row center! I could have hit Dennis with a spitball from where we were. It was an incredible gig and we were all blown away by the musicianship of all the players. The only sad thing was Dennis did not come out and do signings with the rest of the band. I had taken the Modern Drummer magazine with him on the cover from a few episodes back, but Jeff Berlin said that Dennis is shy/not into signings. Oh well, at least my son and I got to see him play from 15 feet away. We did buy a disc from Jeff and he signed it for my son and I. Overall a great night and awesome father/son experience.
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

User Info Menu

Default Re: Front row for Dennis Chambers last night!

That is so cool!

Did you get a chance to snap some pix or iddy biddy viddy?

Asking for a friend.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    That is so cool!

Did you get a chance to snap some pix or iddy biddy viddy?

Asking for a friend.
    Got some photos that I need to upload. Will try to post here sometime this weekend. No video unfortunately as my battery was really low. They did a version of Sissy Strut that was out of this world.
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

User Info Menu

You're very lucky, Dennis is one of the greatest drummers in the world! The others aren't exactly chopped liver. I had a chance to play with Jeff Berlin once. It is a memory I'll never forget.

User Info Menu

Sounded like a great show!