Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: May have a second set soon...

User Info Menu

Default Re: May have a second set soon...

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    Thanks for the update and the pics. Looking forward to seeing the kit soon.
    Thanks late, I think I am going to try and get the snare, kick, and FT put together and tuned tonight. That will just leave the hanging toms to do once the RIMS mounts come in tomorrow.
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

User Info Menu

Are you registering your Evans points?

I've received a bunch of stuff from that promo.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Are you registering your Evans points?

I've received a bunch of stuff from that promo.
    I have not heard of that, is it on the boxes? Will have to scope out tonight.
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by OldeEnglishD View Post
    I have not heard of that, is it on the boxes? Will have to scope out tonight.
    A reg code is stamped onto the inside of the flap. On bass drums packaging it's on the inside fold out.

I have been able to redeem the points and got several of those Evans bass drum pillows, some sticks and other trinkets. I'm up over 13,000 points again but don't know what to get....lol.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

A reg code is stamped onto the inside of the flap. On bass drums packaging it's on the inside fold out.

I have been able to redeem the points and got several of those Evans bass drum pillows, some sticks and other trinkets. I'm up over 13,000 points again but don't know what to get....lol.
    Cool, I see it on all of the boxes. I tuned the snare, floor tom, and bass, plus the reso heads on the hanging toms tonight. Waiting on RIMS to complete the hanging toms and then assembling the kit. Hopefully can play the kit this weekend.

User Info Menu

Both kits.jpg

Both my babies

new center.jpg

Messed up the badge placement (facing inward) but oh well.

new left side.jpg

off center.jpg

So I have about 20 hours into the cleaning, polishing, tuning, and setting these bad boys up. Finally got to play them for a few minutes tonight, and I am really digging the tone. They have a little more punch than the Stage Customs, and the bass sounds huge. I still need to get the snare dialed in. I am looking for a sound close to Interstate Love Song snare sound by STP, not there yet. Overall very happy with the kit!

User Info Menu

Thanks for the tip Bish, I got an Evans shirt on the way and still have some points left over!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by oldeenglishd View Post
    thanks for the tip bish, i got an evans shirt on the way and still have some points left over!
    wtg!!!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

wtg!!!
    Hey Bish, on the Evans points do you do it online or mail? I have a ton of Evans boxes! lol.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummerMD View Post
    Hey Bish, on the Evans points do you do it online or mail? I have a ton of Evans boxes! lol.
    On line. Set up an account through playerscircle dot daddario dot com and there's a place to "Register" your heads.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Thanks!

User Info Menu

Something to note. This is their second program. The first had points on the label of the box. For a while you could redeem them but that ended about a year ago. Now every thing legit is only found on the inside of the containers. I was able to utilize the previous program and barely got in before it expired.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

OK, I am anal retentive so the badges were bothering me. Took the hanging toms apart and put back together with the badges facing out, retuned, and voila!
    Badges center.jpg
    badges forward lft side.jpg
    both kits badges forward.jpg

I have played the kit for at least an hour and a half and these shells sing! Huge bass sound and the snare CRACKS! Still not quite dialed in with the snare but man am I impressed with these shells.

User Info Menu

Yeah, gotta have badges out.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by OldeEnglishD View Post
    Both kits.jpg

Both my babies

new center.jpg

Messed up the badge placement (facing inward) but oh well.

new left side.jpg

off center.jpg

So I have about 20 hours into the cleaning, polishing, tuning, and setting these bad boys up. Finally got to play them for a few minutes tonight, and I am really digging the tone. They have a little more punch than the Stage Customs, and the bass sounds huge. I still need to get the snare dialed in. I am looking for a sound close to Interstate Love Song snare sound by STP, not there yet. Overall very happy with the kit!
    Nicely done! Both kits look fantastic!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    Nicely done! Both kits look fantastic!
    Thanks late!