Thread: Camco pedal

User Info Menu

Default Camco pedal

Have any of you owned or played on a camco reissue pedals,I have read alot of reviews etc and it sounds like that are a good pedal what's your thoughts..are thay really that good .. hence why that are so hard to come by these days.
    Last edited by Pyroduff; 05-11-2019 at 08:33 AM. Reason: Spelling

User Info Menu

Default Re: Camco pedal

Welcome to the forum.

I wasn't aware of any reissues but then again I'm not researching. If they aren't that expensive, grab one and find out.

We do however expect pictures and a full review..... or it didn't happen!

Welcome again. Hope you enjoy your stay.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

I wasn't aware of any reissues but then again I'm not researching. If they aren't that expensive, grab one and find out.

We do however expect pictures and a full review..... or it didn't happen!

Welcome again. Hope you enjoy your stay.
    Your not aware of the tama camco reissue....probably not the person to answer my question then....i cant give a pic or a review on something i dont have....if anyone has experienced these pedals speak now or forever hold your peace

User Info Menu

46 views and only bite....couldn't be too good of a pedal then..

User Info Menu

I've never played one myself. Old school

I've got a lot of pedals and camco isn't one.

User Info Menu

Thumbs up Re: Camco pedal

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    I've never played one myself. Old school

I've got a lot of pedals and camco isn't one.
    Ok great thanks for your input,yeh thay are old school but thay did do a limited edition reissue back in the mid 2000s...for a short time i have noticed some pro drummers still use them,and going off what alot of people are talking about on drummers forum etc i thought thay would have something going for them...i no alot of new age drummers want the pedals with all the bells and whistles these days,but i strongly believe that it all comes down to technique etc....i still can play a 1960s pedal no probs,then jump on a tama iron cobra and its like giving my foot some turbo boost...i just seen a guy on youtube bonzology George fludas he plays a camco old school pedal over his old school ludwig speed king....damn that guy is a fine player....
    Last edited by Pyroduff; 05-13-2019 at 09:07 AM. Reason: Not finished

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pyroduff View Post
    Ok great thanks for your input,yeh thay are old school but thay did do a limited edition reissue back in the mid 2000s...for a short time i have noticed some pro drummers still use them,and going off what alot of people are talking about on drummers forum etc i thought thay would have something going for them...i no alot of new age drummers want the pedals with all the bells and whistles these days,but i strongly believe that it all comes down to technique etc....i still can play a 1960s pedal no probs,then jump on a tama iron cobra and its like giving my foot some turbo boost...i just seen a guy on youtube bonzology George fludas he plays a camco old school pedal over his old school ludwig speed king....damn that guy is a fine player....
    Should look into the Sonor Jojo Mayer foot pedal.

User Info Menu

Yes i have seen and heard good reviews on that pedal....not all drum shops stock them near me......but will definitely have that pedal in my sights...

User Info Menu

Welcome to DrumChat Pyroduff!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Welcome to DrumChat Pyroduff!
    Hi tom thanks for the acceptance,lot of good people and information on this site,happy to be here cheerd

User Info Menu

the original Camco footboards had a weird shape to them if I'm remembering correctly. Never kept me from buying one but I bought the newer Flexi-Flyer which worked for a lot of years. Still have it in a box somewhere
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slinky View Post
    the original Camco footboards had a weird shape to them if I'm remembering correctly. Never kept me from buying one but I bought the newer Flexi-Flyer which worked for a lot of years. Still have it in a box somewhere
    Hey slinky thanks for that,yeh i have seen the original old school camco pedal,,the reissue camco is alot more neater etc....so hard to find and definitely no where here in Australia has them,,there on ebay second hand,i managed to score a near mint condition reissue camco pedal so i will see how it performs when it arrives....still finding my way around this site but when i learn how to post a pic i will definitely post one when it arrives....

User Info Menu

I have the old Camco pedal from 1980 - still use it on my kit in our rehearsal room. In all those years I think all I've ever had to do for maintenance is replace the spring once.

Acoustic Kits:
    Ludwig Maple 3ply White Cortex 4 pc
    Rukus Mod Orange Club 4 pc
    DW Design 6 pc
    Tama Silverstar Limited Edition Mirage 5 pc
    Tama Superstar 5 pc
    Tama Rockstar 4 pc
    Gretsch Catalina Ash 4 pc

Slingerland 7 pc

Electronic Kits:
    Yamaha DTX532k
    Roland TD-27, Roland PD-85 (x4), PD-125, KD9, CY-8 (x2) VH-10, Lemon 15 and 18 cymbals
    Roland SPD-SX Sample Pad

Snares:
    Tama SLP Black Brass
    Tama SLP G Maple
    Rukus Santos/Bubinga/Poplar/Wenge
    Rukus Avodire/Maple/Mahogany
    1972 Ludwig Supraphonic

Hardware:
    Tama, DW, Yamaha and Sonor

Cymbals:
    Zildjian A Series, A Custom and K Custom

Microphones:
    Miktek, Audix and Shure

User Info Menu

Hey nub sweet that sounds like alot of the same talk i hear, about them being durable i mean.thats a good stretch from the 80s to now,,,alot have said on reviews etc the pedal has good response and super quick action.....thats i nice list of equipment you got there..i play on a 1960s premier duroplas mahogany birch shells the kit ringo had before he changed to ludwig,,,the bass drum has a nice deep crack too her all remo heads emperors and ambassadors,,,just ordered a ludwig centennial zepp set should be here in couple of months.....also ordered some zildjian s family thin crashes 18 20" and a medium thin 16" with the 14" master sound hats should go well with the new kit.......