Thread: Zildjian K Custom Dark hats

User Info Menu

Default Zildjian K Custom Dark hats

I just acquired a set of these in great used condition. I've recently been assembling a set of K Customs, and these will sound great along with the 15" and 16" K Custom Dark crashes I have. Next up would be a ride and maybe one more larger crash. I used the hats yesterday on a library gig indoors. We wanted to keep the overall volume down so I used my ekit, substituting the high hat with the K hats, because the response of the ekit hats is just not the same. The K hats blended in just fine and cut thru the mix perfectly. I now have 4 pairs of high hats, 13" and 14" New Beats, 14" A Customs and the 14" K Customs. I must say although they all sound great and have their own unique personalities, the 14" New Beats, which I have had for close to 40 years, are still the most versatile, and sound the best in most situations. It's no wonder they are the most recorded high hats ever.
    K_Hat_Top .jpg
    K_Hat_Bottom .jpg

Acoustic Kits:
    Ludwig Maple 3ply White Cortex 4 pc
    Rukus Mod Orange Club 4 pc
    DW Design 6 pc
    Tama Silverstar Limited Edition Mirage 5 pc
    Tama Superstar 5 pc
    Tama Rockstar 4 pc
    Gretsch Catalina Ash 4 pc

Slingerland 7 pc

Electronic Kits:
    Yamaha DTX532k
    Roland TD-27, Roland PD-85 (x4), PD-125, KD9, CY-8 (x2) VH-10, Lemon 15 and 18 cymbals
    Roland SPD-SX Sample Pad

Snares:
    Tama SLP Black Brass
    Tama SLP G Maple
    Rukus Santos/Bubinga/Poplar/Wenge
    Rukus Avodire/Maple/Mahogany
    1972 Ludwig Supraphonic

Hardware:
    Tama, DW, Yamaha and Sonor

Cymbals:
    Zildjian A Series, A Custom and K Custom

Microphones:
    Miktek, Audix and Shure

User Info Menu

Default Re: Zildjian K Custom Dark hats

also have these hats. Love em
    The Varukers.

User Info Menu

Back in the early 90s, I bought a pair of 13" K Dark hats for studio use -- they sounded so good I sold all my other hats.
    I still use the 13s for everything...........great sound.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Nice score....congrats! I have a set of 80's (hollow Zildjian logo) 14" New Beats, vintage 15" Zildjian thin hats and now the 14" K Dark hats but the 15" thin hats seem to get the most play these days.

User Info Menu

I have the exact same 14" K Custom Dark hats that came with a Yamaha MCAN kit that I bought. At first I thought that I wasn't going to like them, mostly based on how heavy they felt. But I've played them quite a bit and they actually play really well.IMG_1732[1].jpg

User Info Menu

Here's mine: