Thread: Running

User Info Menu

Default Running

I'm throwing my hat (possibly some sticks) into the ring for a run to be president of the USA.

I figure that being almost everyone west of the east coast is running that I might as well jump on in.

My 1st debate is with a guy that lives in a box over a subway grate in NYC.

Our debate is going to be about whether beer ( a necessity of life as we know it) should be covered under Medicare, Medicaid, or how much the lady in our life will let us spend on said items, so our debate will start there.

He believes that Thunderbird should be included in that while I think that Wild Turkey would be the better choice

I'm also going to talk about breaking up the Bish-Spaz monopoly on drums. The own 87% of all drums made since the Civil War and, like Bell Tell and both my marriages, should be broken up. Both Cailyn and Mrs Bish think this is a good idea and both are considering having a auction for both Bish and Spaz. The auction will start at $.25 and they figure that $5.00 will probably be as far as anyone will go. If not, they will be brought to the local shelter to see if anybody will adopt them. They are housebroken to a point and have all their shots, so having them adopted shouldn't be a problem.

Mrs Bish and Cailyn (who, by the way, obviously have the patience of a Saint, several to be exact) have been waiting for the day that they can play the" Sounds of Silence" and have it actually mean something.

In closing, 1 does not see tuba players with 1,437 tubas in their home, and having a long talk with Tom about shutting down the "Girl's R Us" thread.

I will be running on the "I'm not quite sure what the hell I'm doing ticket". My Vice presidential choice is Marc, but he has to learn how to smile or we won't be able to sell this crap. I have $3.65 in our war chest. Should be enough to cover bus fare to the debate.

We have rented out a street corner as we are expecting a crowd of 10 to 15 people. Hey, it's a start.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Default Re: Running

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    They are housebroken to a point and have all their shots, so having them adopted shouldn't be a problem.

Correction. Spaz isn't house broken. Why do you think Mrs. Bish won't let him come back? Don't tell him I said anything. I kinda like the guy. He has money. TEEEEEEEEEEEHEEEEEEEEEEEE
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Hey, you may as well give it a shot. Remember this guy from the 2008 election cycle? He actually made it to one of the televised primary debates.
    C4D6ADDF-DC16-4485-9FA9-87300C0A4C10.jpg

Not sure if it was intentional, but he spoke, looked, dressed and acted just like Dracula from the Billy & Mandy cartoons
    EB67EC96-B26B-4A3D-8037-A2EA7072B4D0.jpg
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Brian, that is hilarious!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Brian, I have no idea why I don't remember that guy.

Our campaign song.

Damn, I wish this song was out when I was gigging. It would have rocked every club we played.
    Last edited by rickthedrummer; 05-24-2019 at 12:19 AM.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    Brian, I have no idea why I don't remember that guy.

Our campaign song.

Damn, I wish this song was out when I was gigging. It would have rocked every club we played.
    We do it. Goes over great.

User Info Menu

Marc, you have got to get that on video! I want to hear that.

VAE VICTIS

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Given the current field of incompetent idiots (both parties), rickthedrummer would easily get my support.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    Given the current field of incompetent idiots (both parties), rickthedrummer would easily get my support.
    There's 1, thank you Ricky!!!!

VAE VICTIS

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    I have 2 of them covered. Problem is that any 2 of them change from day to day. The bigger problem is not knowing which 2 they are.

VAE VICTIS

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    That's hilarious!

User Info Menu

Don't shoot the messenger but have to close this thread and you know why. Too easy to 'go there' and a couple already did. It only goes downhill from here. Sorry guys... closing the thread. See forum rules.

P.S. Rick, go for it!