Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5 Years

User Info Menu

Default 5 Years

c9aba642-362a-4199-98ae-f14e5683b160.jpg At this time 5 years ago, the doctor was probably still looking for his car keys.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

Gee Pou Guest

Default Re: 5 Years

Wow that looks painful. How you feeling 5 years later.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gee Pou View Post
    Believe it or not, it's not as painful as it looks. I expected a lot more pain. They give you a heart shaped pillow (true) to hold against your chest when you cough. I didn't the 1st time I coughed and it hurt like a *********************************** the lesson was learned.

How I feel 5 years later is better explained this way: They told me that in 1 year, 2 at the outside, I would have had a massive heart attack, so when I look at it that way, I feel fine.

Thanks for asking GP, I appreciate it.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

I think he has more spit and vinegar than anyone his age should. I say he's kicking butt but can't remember names.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

'' I say he's kicking butt but can't remember names".

I know exactly who you are Fred. You're the guy that bought up all the kazoos in the country.

I'm not senile getting yesterday, but 1 knows senility never happens when you don't remember that you have it (or are it).

I'm getting a flerken, I have a neighbor who, while he doesn't live next to me, is a pain in my a$$.

What has spit and vinegar have to do with.............................................. ................................I forgot.

VAE VICTIS

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Ouch! Here's to 25 more with no more tune-ups needed.
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

User Info Menu

Jesus Christ Rick! Of all these guys on the drum forums I talk to, when I think of you I say "that's my kind of guy". Time is slippery and it gets away from you fast. Steady on my salty friend. And it's piss and vinegar!
    Last edited by SunDog; 06-09-2019 at 07:20 PM.

Collectors Black Ice Finishply
    10x8,12x9,15x12,16x14,20x18,24x16
    14X6 Collectors 10 and 6 snare Natural Satin
    14x8 Collectors Black Nickel over Brass

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by OldeEnglishD View Post
    Ouch! Here's to 25 more with no more tune-ups needed.

They told me that I'm good for 20 years. So I should have 15 left.

Thanks OED.

VAE VICTIS

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SunDog View Post
    Jesus Christ Rick! Of all these guys on the drum forums I talk to, when I think of you I say "that's my kind of guy". Time is slippery and it gets away from you fast. Steady on my salty friend. And it's piss and vinegar!
    Time IS slippery. I feel like I got on a luge and slid past about 30 years.

"when I think of you I say "that's my kind of guy"

So you're the 1.

I think I'm the oldest guy on this forum. I must be doing OK because Tom, the Grim Banner, has yet to ban me. HI TOM J/K

VAE VICTIS

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

whew what a good time that looked like. . . wow!

User Info Menu

I can remember the first time Rick told us here that he would be having that procedure................can't believe it has been five years.
    I have another friend that went into emergency triple bypass surgery at only 38 years of age -- he is now 66 and doing well.
    Sometimes the doctors get it right.
    Congratulations, Rick............great to know you are still feeling good............and still enjoying your drums.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

Gee Pou Guest

My father lived 25 years after his triple bypass so Rick u still have 20 + more years to go yet.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    I can remember the first time Rick told us here that he would be having that procedure................can't believe it has been five years.
    I have another friend that went into emergency triple bypass surgery at only 38 years of age -- he is now 66 and doing well.
    Sometimes the doctors get it right.
    Congratulations, Rick............great to know you are still feeling good............and still enjoying your drums.
    Thanks Ricky. I put that pic up to remind people not to take anything for granted. I was feeling great and, as I found out, that doesn't mean anything.

So time for another warning: GO GET CHECKED, I DON'T CARE HOW GOOD YOU FEEL, GO GET YOUR *** CHECKED!!!!!!!!!

My father lived 25 years after his triple bypass so Rick u still have 20 + more years to go yet.
    If I can find a 30 year old blonde, I'll take 10 years more and call it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    whew what a good time that looked like. . . wow!
    Gave me something to do on a otherwise uneventful week.

VAE VICTIS

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Have a friend here in the UK that has just had the same done. Looks horrific but has saved his life
    The Varukers.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kevaruka View Post
    Have a friend here in the UK that has just had the same done. Looks horrific but has saved his life
    They always look bad the 1st couple of weeks. Now, when I look in the mirror, I have to take few seconds to find the scar (I'm being dead serious) it's a little white line that you can barely see, and I know where the damn thing is.

VAE VICTIS

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Wow...it's been 5 years since I walked into a church and said a prayer for ya? Man time flies when you're having fun...

I'm glad you're still slapping them drums around.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    Wow...it's been 5 years since I walked into a church and said a prayer for ya? Man time flies when you're having fun...

I'm glad you're still slapping them drums around.
    ".it's been 5 years since I walked into a church and said a prayer for ya?"

Rich, my old friend, I have never forgotten that. You have no idea what that meant to me.

VAE VICTIS

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    At this time 5 years ago, the doctor was probably still looking for his car keys.
    Too funny! Love your sense of humor Rick. That's why you're probably doing so well. Keep it up man!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Too funny! Love your sense of humor Rick. That's why you're probably doing so well. Keep it up man!
    So it's a sense of humor that I have. I thought I was always being sarcastic. How far have I fallen.

VAE VICTIS

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

".it's been 5 years since I walked into a church and said a prayer for ya?"

Rich, my old friend, I have never forgotten that. You have no idea what that meant to me.
    For you Rick.....Anytime my friend!

User Info Menu

Glad to hear all is well 5 years later.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NPYYZ View Post
    Glad to hear all is well 5 years later.

Thanks NPYYZ, I appreciate that. 1 of these days you are going to have to explain to me what NPYYZ means.

VAE VICTIS

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Thanks NPYYZ, I appreciate that. 1 of these days you are going to have to explain to me what NPYYZ means.
    Well as a young drummer I was greatly influenced by the Music of Rush and drumming of Neil Peart. There's the NP.
    And here is the YYZ one of their songs.
    https://youtu.be/LdpMpfp-J_I

I used to be one of those guys that thought Neil was the best there is. As I got older i realized there is no "Best" there will always be someone doing something new and creative that will make you pause and say, wow that was nice. Most of the drummers I listen to daily while I'm at work painting houses can play circles around Peart , but he was there when I was learning how to play , and I learned a lot from him , so he gets the nod.

Gee Pou Guest

Rick I love your sense of humor, sarcasm and your young at heart attitude that keeps you alive. I mean with all your toys e.g Mustang, pool table and drums you are still young at heart.

User Info Menu

Rick I love your sense of humor, sarcasm and your young at heart attitude that keeps you alive. I mean with all your toys e.g Mustang, pool table and drums you are still young at heart.

GP, I wish I was young at body. That lets me know everyday how old I am.

VAE VICTIS

WILL ROGERS