Thread: Radioface - Pat Travers

User Info Menu

Default Radioface - Pat Travers

Snortin' Whiskey Drinkin' Cocaine.

For anyone who's watched our videos you know we have our floor banner. I had to tuck the camera under it and setting it on top of my microphone/accessory carry bag. Sadly it was just enough behind the PA you didn't get the full impact. It was thumping nicely last night. What I don't do for your entertainment. Sheesh.

Also, can you guess which kit? The bass drum will give a clue if you know Yamaha but does apply to other brands.

With that said, I've decided to only gig with a single pedal. I don't use my doubles enough and that presents two situations. First is, I suck at double pedal (especially after watching Zak) and second I have found heaven in the new Yamaha single pedal. It is amazing the level of adjustment and the ease of adjustment, configurations, playing comfort, over all pedal styling and how easy it is to put on and take off the bass drum mount. Well worth the investment.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Default Re: Radioface - Pat Travers

That might just be the best I've seen you hit dem thangs.

User Info Menu

Nice. I can really tell you guys keep improving and getting tighter. I really hate it when bars have live bands and don’t turn off the TV’s. Just a pet peeve of mine....
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Sounds good Bish.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

Gee Pou Guest

Very good Bish you sound great.

User Info Menu

Sounding great Bish!
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

User Info Menu

Sounds great - you were rocking it!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    I really hate it when bars have live bands and don’t turn off the TV’s. Just a pet peeve of mine....
    Even worse when they won't turn off the house music. We don't start until the TV's behind us are off and the house music is off.

User Info Menu

Thanks, guys. I needed that.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Nice job!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Thanks, guys. I needed that.
    You seriously did a great job. I’d say that’s the best I heard from both you and your band yet. Looks like everything is falling into place!
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Snortin' Whiskey Drinkin' Cocaine.

With that said, I've decided to only gig with a single pedal. I don't use my doubles enough and that presents two situations. First is, I suck at double pedal (especially after watching Zak) and second I have found heaven in the new Yamaha single pedal. It is amazing the level of adjustment and the ease of adjustment, configurations, playing comfort, over all pedal styling and how easy it is to put on and take off the bass drum mount.[/B]
    Have you tried the 'play double pedal' with one pedal trick? It actually works. Just move your hi-hat foot over to your bass drum pedal and you can play 16ths easily! Best of both worlds!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Have you tried the 'play double pedal' with one pedal trick? It actually works. Just move your hi-hat foot over to your bass drum pedal and you can play 16ths easily! Best of both worlds!
    Think I'll need a video of that. Show us your stuff, drummer.
    Signature here