Thread: contacting Tama

User Info Menu

Default contacting Tama

I was wondering if anybody here knows how to contact Tama. I may be brain dead but I couldn't spot an e mail or anything on their website. It's not for a complaint or service. I've been playing since I was nine (65 now). I grew up on Rogers and Gretsch. I still have the Fullerton set I bought in '71. It's 12, 13, 14 and 16" toms with a 22" base and a 5.5x14 Gretsch COS snare. It's pretty much pristine. but about 3 yrs. ago I bought a Tama Starclassic Performer B/B 5 piece shellpack. Since then I've become pretty much addicted to their stuff. I don't use the 10" tom, too small for me, but the rest of it's amazing.
    I especially love the bass. Between it and the floor toms I swear you could start an earthquake (how's that for hyperbola?). In the last month I bought the new Starphonic 7x14 copper snare and a 6x14 SLP Bubinga snare. I'm pretty well hooked. I considered trading the Rogers when I bought the Tamas but I couldn't part with them and I'm sure I wouldn't have gotten what they're worth, at least to me. And they
    still have the amazing sound I got them for in the first place. I'm starting to babble now so I'll cut it off. Anyway, I'm a new member looking forward to lots of good advice.

User Info Menu

Default Re: contacting Tama

Dont get me started....LOL One of my peeves with Tama is lack of customer service but then again my new kit from Crush has the same issue. There is some website chat room kind of like this where there are Tama employees that field questions and comments but I dont recall where it is. I am sure someone here can help you out....
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fsam View Post
    I was wondering if anybody here knows how to contact Tama. I may be brain dead but I couldn't spot an e mail or anything on their website. It's not for a complaint or service. I've been playing since I was nine (65 now). I grew up on Rogers and Gretsch. I still have the Fullerton set I bought in '71. It's 12, 13, 14 and 16" toms with a 22" base and a 5.5x14 Gretsch COS snare. It's pretty much pristine. but about 3 yrs. ago I bought a Tama Starclassic Performer B/B 5 piece shellpack. Since then I've become pretty much addicted to their stuff. I don't use the 10" tom, too small for me, but the rest of it's amazing.
    I especially love the bass. Between it and the floor toms I swear you could start an earthquake (how's that for hyperbola?). In the last month I bought the new Starphonic 7x14 copper snare and a 6x14 SLP Bubinga snare. I'm pretty well hooked. I considered trading the Rogers when I bought the Tamas but I couldn't part with them and I'm sure I wouldn't have gotten what they're worth, at least to me. And they
    still have the amazing sound I got them for in the first place. I'm starting to babble now so I'll cut it off. Anyway, I'm a new member looking forward to lots of good advice.
    Welcome to Drum Chat.

I would assume you know about this.....https://www.tama.com/usa/support/
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    Dont get me started....LOL One of my peeves with Tama is lack of customer service but then again my new kit from Crush has the same issue. There is some website chat room kind of like this where there are Tama employees that field questions and comments but I dont recall where it is. I am sure someone here can help you out....
    I haven't seen a post yet but what happened with the Crush?
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    I haven't seen a post yet but what happened with the Crush?
    Nothing yet I just wanted to contact them with my initial impression and noticed there no way to contact them other than if you want to become a dealer. So I sent them a message that way. Have not heard back from them yet but I only sent it yesterday. I will be making a full review on the crush soon. Have done 2 gigs with it so far but want 1 or 2 more before completing the review.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Welcome to Drum Chat.

I would assume you know about this.....https://www.tama.com/usa/support/
    Actually I didn't. Thanks a lot.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    Nothing yet I just wanted to contact them with my initial impression and noticed there no way to contact them other than if you want to become a dealer. So I sent them a message that way. Have not heard back from them yet but I only sent it yesterday. I will be making a full review on the crush soon. Have done 2 gigs with it so far but want 1 or 2 more before completing the review.
    Cool, can't wait. Sorry for the thread jack. ................. or maybe not. NYUK NYUK
    Signature here