I have talked to a few local drummers and I seem to be in the minority that Ozone crashes sound much better and are more versatile than any china cymbal out there. I have a 14" K china, have owned 18" and 16" wuhan's, and 16" zildjian china's and none of them have sounded as good to my ear as my 16" Meinl HCS ozone crash that I only own because it came with a cheap kit I bought on CL and flipped but kept the ozone after playing it.

I am currently selling my K china and was going to buy an 18" Sabian HHX Ozone crash cymbal ($200 used ) because ya know HHX cymbals sound wayy better than meinl HCS cymbals but after checking it out and comparing side by side with a Sabian SBR for literally a quarter of the price I cannot justify spending the extra cash on the HHX when it sounds not much if even at all better than my meinl hcs or the SBR that costs $70?

I am going to buy a sabian model but not the over priced hhx, am I alone in this?

Do most of you like china's over ozone's? Do you think high priced ozone's sound that much better than cheap models? It must have to do with all the big holes that are cut into an ozone that kind of makes them all sound similar? Check out a few different demo's on youtube and let me know what you think. I did hear a sabian B8 ozone that was pretty crappy sounding but I think it may have been the way the guy was playing it or recorded it.

By the way every time I talk about Ozone crashes this song pops in my head... I love it from back in my younger days and was one of the 1st non-hit (never hear on radio) songs I ever remember liking. Sounds like an Ozone crash being played 1/4 notes as well : ) Enjoy!!