Thread: Where were you.....?

User Info Menu

Default Where were you.....?

I was in Public Speaking II at UW-Whitewater university.
    I remember my teaching receiving a phone call and dropping the phone.
    The school closed down instantly.

I'm thankful for my family and my respects and prayers go out to all of those who lost so much on this day.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Where were you.....?

Driving south on the GW Parkway on my way to Reagan National Airport to catch a flight. Needless to say, I never boarded that flight. I could see the Pentagon while sitting in traffic.

User Info Menu

I was in a staff meeting where we were told that our jobs were going to be eliminated. I heard about the attacks when the meeting ended.

Eighteen months later, I still had the same job and they added another staff. That's the State of Michigan Department of Human Services for ya.
    Jack

May this be the best day you ever had and the worst you ever will. Trinity House Mudslinger.

User Info Menu

I was across the river with my friend and his wife who wanted to get early morning photos of the NY skyline. We watched FLT 175 fly into the South Tower. Nothing else to say.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

At work. The TV in the lobby was on and we all gathered around in horror and not a word was spoken for what seemed like an eternity. Nobody wanted to believe what was happening...
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

User Info Menu

At work. Saw the TV and couldn't believe what I was seeing. Everyone was incredibly sad, scared and shaking their heads in disbelief. Nothing got done that day.

User Info Menu

I would have made Bush's "Shock and Awe" look like 2 kids with firecrackers.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    I was across the river with my friend and his wife who wanted to get early morning photos of the NY skyline. We watched FLT 175 fly into the South Tower. Nothing else to say.
    Wow.....