Thread: Back in the saddle

User Info Menu

Default Back in the saddle

So my son took a break from lessons in April as he was really feeling pressure due to schoolwork/anxiety, etc. I told him to just let me know when/if he was ready to go back and I would set it up. Well after the start of this school year he felt he had a good grasp on his workload and wanted to start back up with lessons again. I got with our instructor and we had our "welcome back" lesson today. It was really cool to see my son back at lesson. He and our instructor went over what his goals are, what he wants to focus on, workload, etc. to try and make sure drums don't become a stress point but remain fun. It was a great morning. As a really cool surprise, our instructor had made my son a mini practice pad (similar to the Ahead Wicked Chops) that we mounted next to our regular pad on a snare stand. We put it up in his room so he can practice whenever he wants.
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

User Info Menu

Default Re: Back in the saddle

Glad to hear his instructor is keeping the 'fun' element in drum lessons. That's important.

User Info Menu

I'm glad to hear this.
    Jack

May this be the best day you ever had and the worst you ever will. Trinity House Mudslinger.

User Info Menu

Definitely glad to hear! Music should be fun and it's tough keeping it fun and having to learn. And with juggling school it's tough times.

User Info Menu

Great news! Playing drums has always been a relief valve for me.

User Info Menu

Thought this was about my favorite Aerosmith song

Good to hear!
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN