Thread: Over Rated Drummers? Who's yours?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

Default Over Rated Drummers? Who's yours?

So I was just browsing the "Famous Drummers" Thread and I got this idea. Please lets keep this respectful and not turn it into a big pissing match. There are many famous drummers that are considered by the masses to be "Great" Charlie Watts , Ringo , Bonham , Keith Moon always seem to be a few that get shot down as not being as "Great" as the world thinks they are. So who is your over rated drummer? Who is the one drummer with a ton of success that you listen to and say , "I don't get it" why is everyone praising this guy? How has he reached "Legend" status?

For me it's Mick Fleetwood. I've heard his recordings , I've seen him live , actually walked out 1/4 of the way through the show. This guy just does not impress me at all. If I had to describe him with one word it would be "Snoozefest" He's considered a legend by many in the drumming world , I don't see it or hear it.

Now while we are at it tell us who that one drummer is that really impresses you , a guy that you put on the top of the Great Drummers list. For me this guy would be Steve Smith. I watch Steve play and I'm just blow away by the level of control , speed , precision and over all skill he possesses. He's been around for a long time and always at the top of his game , very deserving of Legend status in my book.
    Last edited by NPYYZ; 10-07-2019 at 07:41 AM.