Thread: Paragon

User Info Menu

Default Paragon

Has anyone in here played extensively on Sabian Paragons? I played a ride in a local drum shop the other day, and it was easily the best cymbal I've ever heard. Do you guys know if the rest of the paragon series sounds as good?
    Thats the way, uh huh, uh huh, I like it.

User Info Menu

I've been checking them out aloooooooot since I had the opportunity of getting the hi hats. I thought the ride wasn't very dynamic at all, but it did have a nice tone to it. The strange thing about the Paragons is that they don't really have a mainstream sound whatsoever, not even a sound you'd be expecting IMO. I suppose it's because they were created by an artist for the artist himself. They are pretty nice overall, just a bit overpriced.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

I agree on the price, though I wouldn't mind buying peices individually to build my own custom set... rather than buy the 2500 complete set.
    Thats the way, uh huh, uh huh, I like it.

User Info Menu

YEAH! I've got the 13" hats and they're amazing. They sound great recorded- nice *chick* and realllllly crisp.
    At a gig today actually the sound guy said to me " PARAGONS?!?! Are you rich?". I was like "....No, they were only £100 off ebay"

Best 100 I've ever spent
    jimbolimbo99 Mapex Mafia

Mapex M Birch
    Sabian AA and Paragons
    Zildjian A's
    Meinl Generation X
    Dream Lion
    Trick Pro-1V

My band

My Kit

User Info Menu

i have the 22" ride, 19" china and 6" splash. the ride is easily the meanest, baddest live rock ride i have played. four hours bangin away on this thing will leave you sore the next day. it is a VERY heavy cymbal. the china is a killer, often a little too explosive for my needs. i mount the 6" upside down on my 12" hhx evo splash. it makes a sweet little china splash sound. the hats and crashes were all just a little heavy for my liking but are still great cymbals. i found that zildjian quick beat hats matched up sonically perfect with the 22" paragon ride. when i started putting together my cymbal set i'm using now i started knowing i wanted the paragon ride sound, so i put it on a stand in the store and played it along with every pair and combinations of hats they had and the quick beats matched up perfect. i love the combo.

User Info Menu

i got to play on a full set at this local shop, the sounds are good but a bit to heavy and explosive for most of my needs, i like darker toned crashes with a soft ride and hats with decent wash. but if i had to play on these for a good long while i wouldnt mind to much.
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

My son has the Paragon ride, 18" crash, 16" crash, 14" high hats, 10" splash, and 8" splash. They were crazy expensive, but sound great and are holding up very well.

User Info Menu

I heard they were like virtually unbreakable lol. While playing for years at least.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

I have the 22 ride and am on my 3rd 20 crash. I love the sound but they are far from unbreakable.

User Info Menu

I heard they are really great sounding cymbals, I wish I had a few...
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."
    - Henry David Thoreau

My set: Sonor Force 2003 Fusion Kit. 16" B8 Thin Crash, 20" B8 Ride, 16" Wuhan China, 14" B8 hi-hats, 10" AAX Splash
    PDP Double bass Pedal, PDP throne.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Default Re: Paragon

they are great cymbals espessially the 19 inch china but they are basiclly a cross between AA and HHX