Thread: Disappointment with some 'so called' drummers

User Info Menu

Default Disappointment with some 'so called' drummers

No one here that I know of fits that description so don't worry. Here's my story.

Two months ago I sold a really stunning 10" Sabian AAX Splash cymbal. Perfect condition, sounded great, good all around splash.

Friday night the guy sends me a text stating, "I didn't know the cymbal had been repaired." I messaged back immediately that that cymbal had never been repaired. I was the only owner.

The next day he sends me a text and a picture of an edge of some cymbal with what he described as discoloration and "it doesn't feel right."

At that point I decided he was an idiot and I wasn't going to play along.

Then yesterday he sends me another text saying the bell fell through the cymbal, it's all broke and he doesn't care. His last sentence was, "I don't know why I even messaged you."

Signature here

User Info Menu

Default Re: Disappointment with some 'so called' drummers

oh boy... some people

User Info Menu

Sounds like he's just looking for a reason to return it. He shouldn't be making stuff up though.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Would love to see pictures of that "damaged" splash cymbal, Bish. You encounter some real oddballs online, brother. Makes me wonder what their private lives are like. But I don't want to know.

GeeDeeEmm