Drum Domains

Thread: Snuck this home... PDP Classics

User Info Menu

Default Snuck this home... PDP Classics

I could not resist the deal I got on these... the guy even drove an hour to drop them off at my work to seal the deal...

PDP Classic Maples 22 kick, 13" high tom, 16" floor tom.
    I'm looking online to find the matching 18" floor tom to make it a 1 up 2 down.

Ironically it matches the new Yamaha snare I just bought also. But.. I have two PDP snares that will match also!
    14pc Yamaha Maple Custom Vintage (24pc in total) | 12pc PDP X7 | 9pc Ludwig Jr. | 9pc Pork Pie ZebraWood | 6pc Sonor | 5pc Ddrum Dominion | 5pc Orbitone |4pc Sonor Martini |4pc PDP Concept Maple Classic| 58 Snare drums and growing!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Snuck this home... PDP Classics

Get some Remos or Evans or something on them. I'd love to here your impressions especially regarding the wood hoops.

User Info Menu

I had a set about 10 years ago and for live playing I had them tune really low. They boom and those look amazing. If you get tired of them...
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by noreastbob View Post
    Get some Remos or Evans or something on them. I'd love to here your impressions especially regarding the wood hoops.
    Yeah going to do a Evans G2 to start and see what happens. Been tweaking the stock heads and I've got them pretty close to likeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    I had a set about 10 years ago and for live playing I had them tune really low. They boom and those look amazing. If you get tired of them...
    Yeah I want to keep them on the lower side myself. I'm going to look into the matching 18" FT probably.
    Start rotating kits with the band.
    14pc Yamaha Maple Custom Vintage (24pc in total) | 12pc PDP X7 | 9pc Ludwig Jr. | 9pc Pork Pie ZebraWood | 6pc Sonor | 5pc Ddrum Dominion | 5pc Orbitone |4pc Sonor Martini |4pc PDP Concept Maple Classic| 58 Snare drums and growing!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post

Start rotating kits with the band.
    Don't start that. Having countless kits to choose from on a whim, unless you commit to a rigid schedule, will drive you nuts. Decisions, decisions, every gig, all the way up til loading time. It'll make an old man outta ya. Look at me. I'm 12....oops. I'm 18....yeah, 18.

Good luck. It's been fun knowing you.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Nice! The hoops look great
    RED DIRT MOUNTAIN
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian REGAL TiP

User Info Menu

Sweet!

User Info Menu

Sweet kit,

Have you played 18” floor toms before? They kinda don’t live up to the hype. I used mine mostly as a table when I had it.
    "The chances of being attacked and killed by a terrorist are less than the chances of being attacked and killed by your own heart"
    Carrying the message to Garcia. Today and everyday.
    Temple Beth Snare Buzz-Head Rabbi

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kazaamski View Post
    Sweet kit,

Have you played 18” floor toms before? They kinda don’t live up to the hype. I used mine mostly as a table when I had it.
    We will find out shortly because yesterday I ordered one hahahaha
    They cut me a good deal so I can't complain.
    And no, my largest toms have always been 16" so I'm excited to see what happens