Drum Domains

Thread: Don't Judge Me.... Another Snare

User Info Menu

Default Don't Judge Me.... Another Snare

I scored this PDP Concept Maple snare drum for only $75 last night!!
    It matches great to the new kit. I plan on swapping the head out and possibly putting on a diecast hoop.
    Should make a great combo!

DW Mag throw off

Blends better than the Yamaha lol
    14pc Yamaha Maple Custom Vintage (24pc in total) | 12pc PDP X7 | 9pc Ludwig Jr. | 9pc Pork Pie ZebraWood | 6pc Sonor | 5pc Ddrum Dominion | 5pc Orbitone |4pc Sonor Martini |4pc PDP Concept Maple Classic| 58 Snare drums and growing!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Don't Judge Me.... Another Snare

Very cool, Zack! Yes if your a rim shot person like I am, diecast hoop for sure! lol. Very cool kit! 1 up 2 down?. . . . . . . .oh, did I say that?! lol.
    Last edited by drummerMD; 11-18-2019 at 07:28 PM.

User Info Menu

It does blend better. Now if the DW would just blend in with the rest of your...NAH.....
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Pretty! ... Too late, I already judged you.
    - Tom

Everyone loves FREE... like this free drum forum. But like your car and even your drums, they require upkeep and maintenance and that requires money.

Will you consider Shopping at Drum Bum to help support this forum?

Or make a donation here.

I know from working with Drum Bum through the years, that this forum is costly to run. It requires server fees, hosting, ongoing moderation, advertising, software upgrades, security certificates and IT work when it breaks. All in addition to the expenses that come from running a business. These costs are offset (hopefully) by members that click through to Drum Bum to make a purchase now and then, if not make a contribution to help keep it running.

On behalf of Drum Bum, thank you for your consideration. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    It does blend better. Now if the DW would just blend in with the rest of your...NAH.....
    haahahaha I see what you did there

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Pretty! ... Too late, I already judged you.
    this is probably very true!
    14pc Yamaha Maple Custom Vintage (24pc in total) | 12pc PDP X7 | 9pc Ludwig Jr. | 9pc Pork Pie ZebraWood | 6pc Sonor | 5pc Ddrum Dominion | 5pc Orbitone |4pc Sonor Martini |4pc PDP Concept Maple Classic| 58 Snare drums and growing!

User Info Menu

Dank.
    "The chances of being attacked and killed by a terrorist are less than the chances of being attacked and killed by your own heart"
    Carrying the message to Garcia. Today and everyday.
    Temple Beth Snare Buzz-Head Rabbi

User Info Menu

So I'm an Evans player but last night I picked up a Remo power dot or something to try out as all the stock heads for PDP/DW are Remo.
    So I'll see how it sounds and plays.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    So I'm an Evans player but last night I picked up a Remo power dot or something to try out as all the stock heads for PDP/DW are Remo.
    So I'll see how it sounds and plays.
    If you don't like it, you'll have it for a while. They are tough to wear out.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

My Mapex kit, I had to swap out the Remo heads for the Evan's heads! lol I'm 7 min drive from Remo HQ's, right where they make'em, go figure! I've even gone through a bunch of Aquarian heads and I went back to Evans!

User Info Menu

I like both Remo and Evans. I think the Remos are a bit richer in pleasing overtones/harmonics. Evans seem a hair more focused around the fundamental.

User Info Menu

I have certainly have no room to judge. Very cool sir!
    -Mike

"We don't stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing."

"I wish that my playing reminded people of Steve Gadd. But they seem to confuse me with his little known cousin... E."

"Snare drums happen."

User Info Menu

Purdy drum
    RED DIRT MOUNTAIN
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian REGAL TiP