Thread: Ahead Spinal G throne WOW!

User Info Menu

Default Ahead Spinal G throne WOW!

I cannot rave about this throne enough. I have had my roc n soc hydraulic throne for the last 10 years and love it but recently have had a lot of buttock, lower back, pain and leg fatigue at the end of a gig and especially the next day after a gig. I saw a great black friday deal on these Ahead spinal thrones and heard good things so I bought one.

I used it last gig for the 1st time, I actually brought my roc n soc just in case it was not comfortable. All I can say is wow it was like night and day. I felt great all night and no pain or fatigue at all the next day.

I really love the stability of the 4 leg stand and do not miss having hydraulic bounce at all although it would probably be nice to have. I am looking to add a back rest to it but ahead does not sell just the back rest seperately so I will probably try to add my roc n soc backrest or buy a gibraltar one.

The bicycle seat is wider than my roc n soc and I am not sure if thats what makes it more comfortable or the split down the middle but it is really noticeable after a 4 hr gig. I highly recommend this throne
    20191129_085021.jpg
    20191129_085041.jpg
    20191129_085102.jpg
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Default Re: Ahead Spinal G throne WOW!

I've been thinking of picking up the round version of the Spinal Glide throne as I generally prefer round thrones. The round one seems to be a little harder to find. Your review may just push me over the edge.
    -Mike

"We don't stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing."

"I wish that my playing reminded people of Steve Gadd. But they seem to confuse me with his little known cousin... E."

"Snare drums happen."

User Info Menu

I love the concept but it was too heavy for me. The thing weights a ton!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    I love the concept but it was too heavy for me. The thing weights a ton!
    I did not notice any weight difference from my roc n soc hydraulic but I will weigh them and get back to you. I usually carry my roc n soc fully assembled and with this ahead throne I did remove the seat from the stand so maybe thats why I did not notice it.
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

I've used this throne for years; on to my second now. I love how comfortable they are. However, my first throne failed as the bracket attached to the seat broke. I bought a new seat to use with the base unit of the original and, so far, so good. They are heavy buy I don't find this to be an issue as a carry the throne, broken down, in my hardware case.
    PDP | Black Panther | Sabian |

User Info Menu

yeah I'm going to look into a new throne.
    I also like the tractor seat better than round.
    I'll have to look into this!

User Info Menu

It appears to have a pathway for escaping gas (not G.A.S.) should 1 have keilbasy and beer. 1 would not have to fear blowing 1's self into the next county but the jetstream created could pose problems for people behind 1.

1 would have to concern 1's self with various other parts of 1 becoming stuck in the crevice thereby raising 1's voice by an octave or 2. A double edged sword to be sure.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Had mine for years now & love it. As said, heavy old thing but the comfort it offers makes it very worthwhile.
    The Varukers.

User Info Menu

I don't mean to be too negative about this product (I do like the concept) but since it's about opinions in here, it's worth mentioning that I just don't like the feel of motorcycle style seats. I like to twirl the seat throughout the night because the cushion gets mashed down and after hours of playing, you can keep twirling it to adjust the amount of cushion you have. You can't do that with the motorcycle type drum seat and that's why I sold mine. You're stuck in one position all the time.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    I don't mean to be too negative about this product (I do like the concept) but since it's about opinions in here, it's worth mentioning that I just don't like the feel of motorcycle style seats. I like to twirl the seat throughout the night because the cushion gets mashed down and after hours of playing, you can keep twirling it to adjust the amount of cushion you have. You can't do that with the motorcycle type drum seat and that's why I sold mine. You're stuck in one position all the time.
    Nothing wrong with that, if everyone liked the same things it would be a pretty boring place. Round thrones are ok, I had a pork pie but I always felt like I was balancing myself on it where as a motorcycle type seat sits me right in the pocket so to speak. I Never felt a need to rotate a round or bike type seat so cannot comment to that other than different strokes......
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy