Thread: Fans Storm Knotfest Stage & Burn Evanescence Drums After Cancellation

User Info Menu

Default Fans Storm Knotfest Stage & Burn Evanescence Drums After Cancellation

Damn! They set his drums on fire!!!

Evanescence had their equipment already set up and were scheduled to open for Slipknot. But Slipknot was forced to cancel their gig at their very own 'Knotfest in Mexico due to a broken barricade. Just before their set, members from the audience broke through that stage barrier. They tried to fix it but couldn't so Knotfest announced that the event would not continue. Mayhem ensued. Some members of the audience stormed the stage and set fire to Evanescence's drum set.

Video from the festival went viral showing a set of drums on fire. See full story.

slipknot-evanescence-fire-festival-cancellation-1575225519-compressed.jpg
    Image Credit: StereoGum.com

VIDEO
    https://twitter.com/UzielChavz/statu...45223266394112

User Info Menu

Default Re: Fans Storm Knotfest Stage & Burn Evanescence Drums After Cancellation

Those idiots will probably be here next week!!
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Default Re: Fans Storm Knotfest Stage & Burn Evanescence Drums After Cancellation

Man, that drummer was cookin'
    That kit is HOT!
    They really burned it up!
    et al

User Info Menu

I read this and was so sad.... so horrible

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by noreastbob View Post
    Man, that drummer was cookin'
    That kit is HOT!
    They really burned it up!
    et al

User Info Menu

That is truly awful. I am so sorry to hear of this.

Stu

User Info Menu

I always warned 'em, don't rub your sticks together while counting off a song. They never remember.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Never had that happen before.
    Usually, someone comes on stage and destroys my kit AFTER they hear me attempt to play...
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    Never had that happen before.
    Usually, someone comes on stage and destroys my kit AFTER they hear me attempt to play...
    We can be a funny bunch!
    If I was playing that kind of music for that kind of people I would not use my good drums, and/or have a very capable and prepared security team!

User Info Menu

Rick, there's a lot of good material in this thread!

User Info Menu

I never came anywhere near the level of fame that this band has. However my kit was insured when I was on the road. If this guys was not, well he's not very smart.

User Info Menu

If they were oak or birch they probably had a pretty nice fire

How it got started is the real question... blow torch?
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN