Thread: The Breeders "Safari" Drum pattern/notation

User Info Menu

Smile The Breeders "Safari" Drum pattern/notation

Hi all. I've just joined the forum. Also just started teaching myself the drums.. through youtube lessons etc... Does anyone have drum notation or know the kick drum pattern for the track "Safari" from their album Pod?

User Info Menu

Default Re: The Breeders "Safari" Drum pattern/notation

I'm sorry but I don't know the answer to your question. I am sure someone will be along to help you. On a side note, my wife went to school, and graduated with Kim and Kelly Deal.

User Info Menu

It goes back and forth from 1 and 3 on the bass drum to 1 and 3+ (beat 1 of this rock beats exercise page).
    At 1:09, it gets busier because of the syncopated snare drum hits but the bass drum stays the same. Hope this helps Lynne and by the way, welcome to Drum Chat! I hope you'll visit often. We'll help with anything drum related if we can.

Basic-Rock-Drum-Beats-1-1080x1528.jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    It goes back and forth from 1 and 3 on the bass drum to 1 and 3+ (beat 1 of this rock beats exercise page).
    At 1:09, it gets busier because of the syncopated snare drum hits but the bass drum stays the same. Hope this helps Lynne and by the way, welcome to Drum Chat! I hope you'll visit often. We'll help with anything drum related if we can.

Basic-Rock-Drum-Beats-1-1080x1528.jpg

Thanks so much. I thought I heard an extra kick on the + beat of 3.. at times but wasn't sure.