Thread: Is Santa bringing any of you some cool piece of music gear for Christmas?

User Info Menu

Default Is Santa bringing any of you some cool piece of music gear for Christmas?

Is Santa bringing any of you some cool piece of music gear for Christmas? (That you know of...)

My bride usually asks me what I want for Christmas about a month before. This year she said that she came up with a fun idea without my input. I'm guessing that for once it will not be music related.

What surprises do you think will be under YOUR tree this year.
    -Mike

"We don't stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing."

"I wish that my playing reminded people of Steve Gadd. But they seem to confuse me with his little known cousin... E."

"Snare drums happen."

User Info Menu

Default Re: Is Santa bringing any of you some cool piece of music gear for Christmas?

The wife and I don't buy for each other, just for the kids. With that said, I did tell her to not get me anything for the last 3 birthdays and fathers days because I was going to get a higher end kit someday and that would be my big gift. Found that kit earlier this year (Pearl Masters Studio Birch MBX) used at a killer deal and she never batted an eye when I told her I wanted to buy it.
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

User Info Menu

Default Re: Is Santa bringing any of you some cool piece of music gear for Christmas?

definitely no drum gear for christmas... only gear I'm getting is what I bought myself for black friday!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    definitely no drum gear for christmas... only gear I'm getting is what I bought myself for black friday!

Jeez Zack, I would have thought that Cailyn would buy you a couple of snare drums and rent a carpenter for you so you could get your drum room done before the kids go to college.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

I dropped some hints about a new stool. We'll see. Maybe I'll just get a sample instead.
    Get it? "Stool sample"?.

8f6c7b52377e9fa8bf50fd7fdb17003d.jpg

User Info Menu

Tom, you're a pi$$er.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    Tom, you're a pi$$er.