Thread: Love it so much I finally broke down and bought another one

User Info Menu

Default Love it so much I finally broke down and bought another one

My Pearl Eliminator is one of the 1st pedals I ever bought and I have had it for about 10 years now. I switched to the red cam about 8 years ago and never changed it. But ya know GAS dictates that I had to experiment and make sure nothing better for me was out there so I bought the new at the time DW 9000 and sold it a few months later, I bought a Mapex Falcon and sold that as well, I tried Axis direct drive, and belt pedals then I bought the Tama Speed Cobra which is the only pedal to come close.

I still own the SC and leave it at my bass players house for rehearsals. I always loved my Pearl with red cam and finally found a good deal on a used one and pulled the trigger. Now I will have 2 identical pedals, one on my own practice kit and one I gig with although I may start toting it to my band rehearsals and sell the SC at some point but in no rush.

I cannot say this about too many drum related items I have bought over the years but it is nice when you find something that works for you and you finally realize it.

I am about 95% positive My Ahead spinal G throne and my new Ludwig CM's will be on the list soon as well.
    20191227_183557.jpg
    20191227_183615.jpg
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Default Re: Love it so much I finally broke down and bought another one

Looks like a little poopie, too? You get really excited, I see.

I really like the side clamp. My Yammies have that, also.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post

LOL, thats actually red paint, the whole floor was red till my basement flooded 5 years ago and all the red paint came up and clogged my pumps every 10 minutes.. does look like a poop though now that I look at it....
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

it's a solid pedal for sure! The interchangeable cam is pretty cool

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post

"Holy crap, that's a nice pedal!"
    -Mike

"We don't stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing."

"I wish that my playing reminded people of Steve Gadd. But they seem to confuse me with his little known cousin... E."

"Snare drums happen."

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    I cannot say this about too many drum related items I have bought over the years but it is nice when you find something that works for you and you finally realize it.
    That's how I am about the Tama Lever-Glide Hi Hat stands. In my opinion, it's the finest hi-hat stand ever made. I wore my original out but recently found an old single braced one used online.

User Info Menu

Love the Pearl double pedal I bought from Bish, really solid feel and love the interchangeable cams. Have them set up on my sons kit as he plays double bass more than I do.
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by OldeEnglishD View Post
    Love the Pearl double pedal I bought from Bish, really solid feel and love the interchangeable cams. Have them set up on my sons kit as he plays double bass more than I do.
    :Like:
    Signature here